Skip to main content

Our Trip to San Diego



We just got back from San Diego yesterday ~ it was a fun trip. Aaron had his meetings everyday but was done by 4pm so the boys and I got to hang out at the beach. The weather was fairly cold for San Diego the first 2 days, but by the 3rd day, it warmed up to about 75 and by the time we left, we were in shorts. We were able to rent a condo right on Mission Beach so the boys and I mostly hung out at the beach everyday and walked around town (mostly to Starbucks everyday for my coffee and dough nuts at the grocery store for the boys).

We celebrated Valentines' Day on the 14th and Aaron's birthday on the 16th. On Aaron's birthday, he got done early with his meeting and we all headed down to Legoland ~ the boys LOVED it and we were able to hang out with Kathy & Mike (Aaron's partners) and their 2 kids, Katie & Sean.

On the lastnight there, we went up to La Jolla where Kathy & Mike had rented a place, and barbecued on the beach. It was such a beautiful night and we even saw some dolphins swimming very close to the shore! It was like going to Sea World without the expensive admission fee :)

We all managed to stay healthy while we were there, but I woke up this morning with a cold :(

Enjoy the pictures!

Comments

Melinda said…
It looks like you had a great trip Pam! Great pics of the boys on the beach! I hope you are feeling better soon!
Jessica said…
Looks like you guys had a blast and it looks like the weather was great! Feel better soon.
Jessica
Unknown said…
I am so glad you guys were able to get a way for a much deserved vacation.

I hope you are feeling better.
~Rebecca
Brandi said…
Sounds like you all had a great vacation. We had talked about visiting San Diego a couple years back, but never made it out there. I know my girls would love the zoo and Legoland.

Glad everyone had a good time. Hope you're feeling better.
Middle-Aged Moi said…
Those pictures are GREAT! And LEGOLAND? My kids would go NUTS!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Portland Marathon 2013 (My First ever Marathon Recap)

I wanted to capture my moment by moment FIRST marathon experience so here goes: I'll start with the night before: We went over to Aaron's parents house to have some dinner with them as well as Micah & Danielle (Aaron's brother and wife) and their kids, Gabriel and Grace, and Mathew and Taylor (cousins of our kids).   We got back to our hotel (Hilton downtown) around 7:15pm and I organized my outfit for the big day while Aaron took the kids swimming at the pool.  I agonized back and forth about whether to carry my Nathan hydration vest or not for a week and Aaron finally helped me make the decision that although the aid stations were going to be plenty, I should go ahead and carry my own water.... because he knows that  1) I don't like stopping to get water even if it's a moment because I feel like I lose momentum 2) I am really BAD at drinking from the cups and have gotten multiple water sloshes up my nose (which hurts!) and water on my shoes (which, is BA...

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...