Skip to main content

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I had had enough so I said politely "No, there's nothing wrong with the bedding... what's wrong is that we were going to adopt 2 beautiful girls and now we can't because it fell through." If I could have taken a picture of her face when I said that, I would've posted it here... it was priceless and I could tell she was sorry she pushed me a little too far :) As I type this, I am overcome again with sadness.... I think it's time again to read some comforting words from God :) Or drown my sorrows by watching Survivor.... Maybe I can do both :)

Comments

Kelly and Matt said…
Pam, I am so sorry to hear about this. I pray that God will provide you and yours peace and comfort to recover from this disappointment.
((Hugs))
Middle-Aged Moi said…
Oh, Pam, I hope you start feeling a little better soon. I love your attitude about it, but it's okay to feel sad. Know that you always have shoulders you can cry on in your ladybug friends.....:-)
Lisa said…
Pam-My heart breaks for you. Know that we are here for you!

Lisa
Unknown said…
We are thinking of you too Pam. I know you have had an emotional few weeks. Hang in there.

~Rebecca
Anonymous said…
Oh, I am so very sorry! You are in my prayers.
Joanne
chinaprincess.blogspot.com
Jessica said…
Pam,
I am so sad for you too. I just read this and had tears in my eyes. I can only imagine how difficult this must be for you and your family. We are all here for you. Please let us know if we can do anything at all. Too bad we don't live closer to one another.
Jessica
Leslie said…
Your post makes me so sad Pam. I'm so sorry for the losses of these two girls. I wanted to give you some time without bringing back up. I hope that if there is anything you need, you would please ask.

Praying for you always,
Leslie
Melinda said…
Pam~ I can only imagine the sadness you must feel. I pray God continues to heal you heart. You have been such a comfort and inspiration to all of us. Please know that we are here for you and praying for you.

~Melinda
Michelle said…
Oh this is so sad. I can understand that you must be heartbroken. I am so sorry for your family.
Reesie said…
Checking in on you - you are in my prayers

Ladybug/Red Thread Group

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...