Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message)
Can a mother forget the infant at her breast,
walk away from the baby she bore?
But even if mothers forget,
I'd never forget you—never.
Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands.
I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children...
This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I know that these mothers will have scars on their hearts for the rest of their life. But YOU are a REDEEMER. I pray that each one of these birthmothers will FIND YOU. That when I see you in heaven, I'll see their faces too. I pray that You will restore their lives and bring hope where hope has been dashed. I pray that You'll give them a "knowing" in their hearts that the one they gave birth to is lovingly being cared for by You and that they will know that their child is loved by a mom and dad. I pray that You'll give them hope that they WILL one day see their child in heaven. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Can a mother forget the infant at her breast,
walk away from the baby she bore?
But even if mothers forget,
I'd never forget you—never.
Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands.
I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children...
This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I know that these mothers will have scars on their hearts for the rest of their life. But YOU are a REDEEMER. I pray that each one of these birthmothers will FIND YOU. That when I see you in heaven, I'll see their faces too. I pray that You will restore their lives and bring hope where hope has been dashed. I pray that You'll give them a "knowing" in their hearts that the one they gave birth to is lovingly being cared for by You and that they will know that their child is loved by a mom and dad. I pray that You'll give them hope that they WILL one day see their child in heaven. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Comments
Blessings to you!