Isaiah 43: 5-7 (Message)
"So don't be afraid: I'm with you.
I'll round up all your scattered children,
pull them in from east and west.I'll send orders north and south:
'Send them back.
Return my sons from distant lands,
my daughters from faraway places.I want them back, every last one who bears my name,
every man, woman, and child
Whom I created for my glory,
yes, personally formed and made each one.'"
I am currently reading the books of Isaiah and 1 Peter a chapter or two a day and when I came across this verse in Isaiah this morning, I was in the midst of feeling unsure about what God is doing with our adoption. In my head, I know that He is IN THIS and I just need to wait it out, but every now and then, my flesh takes over and I begin to wonder and long for the daughter(s) we are meant to have and where she could possibly be? Sometimes it seems so strange that there are so many parents out there desiring that their children come to them from afar, yet there is so much pain in waiting and not knowing.... and then there are the children who are waiting.... it seems unfair to us who don't see the whole picture....So, as I was reading this morning, these verses from Isaiah gave me renewed hope that God DOES see, and He will see to it that He will bring our children to us from afar.... He has already picked them out and knows them.... He PERSONALLY formed them for His glory.. Thank You, God for this reminder.... I have no idea how or when or who we will have as our daughter(s), but You do and You will bring them to us in Your time.
"So don't be afraid: I'm with you.
I'll round up all your scattered children,
pull them in from east and west.I'll send orders north and south:
'Send them back.
Return my sons from distant lands,
my daughters from faraway places.I want them back, every last one who bears my name,
every man, woman, and child
Whom I created for my glory,
yes, personally formed and made each one.'"
I am currently reading the books of Isaiah and 1 Peter a chapter or two a day and when I came across this verse in Isaiah this morning, I was in the midst of feeling unsure about what God is doing with our adoption. In my head, I know that He is IN THIS and I just need to wait it out, but every now and then, my flesh takes over and I begin to wonder and long for the daughter(s) we are meant to have and where she could possibly be? Sometimes it seems so strange that there are so many parents out there desiring that their children come to them from afar, yet there is so much pain in waiting and not knowing.... and then there are the children who are waiting.... it seems unfair to us who don't see the whole picture....So, as I was reading this morning, these verses from Isaiah gave me renewed hope that God DOES see, and He will see to it that He will bring our children to us from afar.... He has already picked them out and knows them.... He PERSONALLY formed them for His glory.. Thank You, God for this reminder.... I have no idea how or when or who we will have as our daughter(s), but You do and You will bring them to us in Your time.
Comments
This process is such a roller coaster and learning experience!