Skip to main content

Happy Anniversary to us

Today, 7/1/2007, Aaron & I celebrate our 12 year wedding anniversary! I can hardly believe it's been TWELVE years since we started this life journey together. We have gone through so much but I have to say that it has been the 12 BEST years of my life! Aaron & I went out to Hans Restaurant lastnight (one of our favorite restaurants in town) and for fun, we talked about the highlights of the past 12 years... there were so many and it was just fun to remember....we talked about our "lows" and "highs" and all kinds of stuff in between. He has been my best friend through all the years when I was fun and when I wasn't so much fun :) We give God thanks for the years we've had together... What a gift it is to have a partner for life and someone I love and enjoy being with and someone that loves me back equally. Thank you, God for Aaron & Thank You for our marriage.

Scroll down to the bottom of the blog and hit play on the video to hear the song that I sang to Aaron as a surprise at our wedding.

Comments

Donna said…
You look so pretty, Pam! Then and now! Happy 12th anniversary! Our 15th is coming up in August.
Middle-Aged Moi said…
HAPPY 12th, Pam! You are a beautiful bride!!!!
Unknown said…
Happy Anniversary!

I love all that you shared about your marriage. I am happy in marriage too, and love to read about others who still truly value their friendship/partnership with their spouse. My hubby is my best buddy and I feel so lucky. So glad that you are experiencing such a blessed relationship!
Lisa said…
How beautiful you looked then and still do today. Were you 16 when you got married? lol...you look so young. Congrats on 12 wonderful years.

Lisa
Angie said…
I'm a little late on my Congratulations to you but I hope you had a great anniversary!! Happy 12 years!
You were a beautiful bride and you are still glowing today!
Congrats!
Leslie said…
What a beautiful bride you were Pam!!! You haven't changed a bit in 12 years....(now that's not fair). So glad your in a happy marriage. You guys make such wonderful roll models for you boys. Sorry this post is so late as well. Larry and I celebrated our 11th anniversary on June 1st. Shhhh don't tell him, but I forgot to blog about it. Don't know how that got by me.....all I have is Lily on the brain....LOL. I have a wonderful hubby who treats me like gold. We are very lucky women.
Karmen said…
Wow Pam. What a BEAUTIFUL bride you were!!! I finally got a chance to check out your blog ... it's been a while. Congratulations on your 12th anniversary! Our 12th is in October.

Karmen Bernacchi

Popular posts from this blog

Portland Marathon 2013 (My First ever Marathon Recap)

I wanted to capture my moment by moment FIRST marathon experience so here goes: I'll start with the night before: We went over to Aaron's parents house to have some dinner with them as well as Micah & Danielle (Aaron's brother and wife) and their kids, Gabriel and Grace, and Mathew and Taylor (cousins of our kids).   We got back to our hotel (Hilton downtown) around 7:15pm and I organized my outfit for the big day while Aaron took the kids swimming at the pool.  I agonized back and forth about whether to carry my Nathan hydration vest or not for a week and Aaron finally helped me make the decision that although the aid stations were going to be plenty, I should go ahead and carry my own water.... because he knows that  1) I don't like stopping to get water even if it's a moment because I feel like I lose momentum 2) I am really BAD at drinking from the cups and have gotten multiple water sloshes up my nose (which hurts!) and water on my shoes (which, is BA...

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...