Skip to main content

Thankful

Tonight is the eve of Anna's First birthday. There are so many thoughts going through my head about this wonderful event. I can hardly believe that we have a daughter who is turning ONE... a HUGE milestone... Tomorrow, we'll celebrate properly with cake that, according to our 6 year old Michael, "she can do whatever she wants with", we'll have presents from us and from all her aunts and uncles and friends, (even though she'll probably be perfectly happy with just the wrapping paper), we'll probably give her a dozen kisses every hour, video tape her every move, shoot way too many photos, worry about how to ease her out of formula, turn the car seat around, dress her in 10 billion outfits and just plain ole celebrate the miracle that she is.

Tonight, I can't stop thinking about the person all the way on the other side of the world, who is, no doubt thinking about the baby that she gave birth to one year ago... a year ago right now, it is possible she was in labor... maybe she was at the hospital, maybe she was at home... I wonder what she is thinking about right now. I wonder if she is now happy with the choice that she had to make, does she have any regrets when she thinks of the one she gave birth to? Is she filled with gladness that she is in a good home now? or is she filled with sadness? If she were sitting in front of me now, I would thank her for the gift that she gave. I will never fully know the sacrifice she had to make to give birth to my Anna... her Li-Syuan. When I think of her, I think she must be a very courageous woman. If she is anything like Anna, she probably likes music, is very determined and does not give up easily. She probably likes seafood and probably has a very beautiful smile. I pray that God will hold her tight tonight, that He'll give her tremendous peace about her Li-Syuan, that she truly is loved and cared for.

I was recently "tagged" in a photo on facebook of a wedding shower that I attended for my sister-in-law, Tricia, taken end of December 2007. In the photo, I was sitting next to Allison, another sister-in-law, who was 8 months pregnant with Eden... who just turned ONE today. Yep, Anna has a cousin that is only one day older :) As I looked at that picture, I was in tears thinking how great God is to give me a visual image of what my Anna looked like at the moment... Even though I didn't get to carry her in my womb, God was gracious to give me that picture of me sitting next to Allison so that I can visualize what Anna looked like at that moment. I will treasure this picture, always, because it is a visual reminder of Anna's beginnings. I can see that at THAT moment, she was in the womb of her birthmom and looked much like Allison. Enjoy the picture :) Tomorrow, I'll post pictures of the birthday girl :)

Comments

Steve n Coco said…
Okay, that brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful tribute of thankfulness that you have given to Anna's birth mother. Thanks so much for sharing and Happy 1st Birthday, baby girl!!
Have a wonderful day of celebration.
Karmen and Greg said…
HAPPY BITHDAY ANNA!!! Such beautiful thoughts --- what a blessed Mama you are!

Popular posts from this blog

Portland Marathon 2013 (My First ever Marathon Recap)

I wanted to capture my moment by moment FIRST marathon experience so here goes: I'll start with the night before: We went over to Aaron's parents house to have some dinner with them as well as Micah & Danielle (Aaron's brother and wife) and their kids, Gabriel and Grace, and Mathew and Taylor (cousins of our kids).   We got back to our hotel (Hilton downtown) around 7:15pm and I organized my outfit for the big day while Aaron took the kids swimming at the pool.  I agonized back and forth about whether to carry my Nathan hydration vest or not for a week and Aaron finally helped me make the decision that although the aid stations were going to be plenty, I should go ahead and carry my own water.... because he knows that  1) I don't like stopping to get water even if it's a moment because I feel like I lose momentum 2) I am really BAD at drinking from the cups and have gotten multiple water sloshes up my nose (which hurts!) and water on my shoes (which, is BA...

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...