I am very guilty of being one of those adoptive parents who have completely neglected what was once a very important part of my life... blogging... I don't know why adding just one tiny munchkin can make one's life turn up-side-down, but it sure has....but in a very good way. Here are some updates!
Anna celebrated her First Valentine's Day with us ~ I had two cute little shirts with hearts on them and took pictures too, just had not had any time to post them. The boys got some "surprise" treat from us... POP ROCK GUM... the LOVED it.
We celebrated Aaron's 39th birthday on February 16th!
Anna had her very first ear infection and I didn't even know it... I felt like such a terrible mom... she had a cold, and it happened to be that she had her scheduled one year well baby check (a little bit late), on March 12th. The doctor checked her ear and found that her left ear had an ear infection! He asked whether she was fussy, but I really hadn't noticed that much... So, she was put on amoxicillin for 10 days and finally finished her dosage just yesterday... She seems to be back to her happy self!
Anna is now taking lots of steps all the time... I really thought she was going to be an early walker since she was crawling so early, but it looks like she is right about the same as her brothers. She has been taking steps for 2 months now, but it has been just in the last week that she's walked more than crawled! Way to go, Anna!! At her doctor's appt she was 18lbs, 15ozs (10%), 30-1/2" (75%). The pediatrician joked that she would surpass me in height before too long. With the doctor visit came all the routine vaccinations, which I don't like, but she did great!
We celebrated 6 months since FOREVER FAMILY DAY! on 3/22/09! It feels like we've had her in our life forever, but also I can't believe it's been SIX WHOLE MONTHS since she's been part of our life! We adopted her at a little over 7 months, so we've almost had her as long as she lived at the orphanage.
Yesterday, we received Anna's Certificate of Citizenship in the mail!!! She is now officially a US Citizen! It took 5 months total of paperwork (re-adoption, etc) and I feel so relieved to be done! Now we just await her passport in the mail.
We had our 2nd post-placement visit in early March. The first one was submitted in December. Taiwan (atleast the orphanage Anna came from) requires MANY post-placement visits. I think the first year, we need to submit 3-4, and then it's yearly until she is 6-7 years old... or something crazy like that. We are going to get to know our social worker VERY well.
Noah, Calvin & Michael are doing great in school... Michael is becoming such a great reader... I can hardly believe that we are on Spring Break and the next BIG break we get will be summer! Our life seems to be moving MUCH too fast so I am really trying to enjoy every little bit of the precious blessings we have in our life.
God has been doing some incredible growing in me and I am thankful that He doesn't allow me to stay the same.
I really do hope to update more often... Enjoy the pictures!



Comments
Glad to read that you are well. Can't believe Anna has been home for 6 months!
Karmen
Blessings,
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com