Skip to main content

LOI sent!

Our LOI (letter of Intent) for Selah was sent yesterday, 4/26/10! Now we wait for PA(Pre-approval). Our agency sent us a set of documents to work on (although I was told to NOT work on them and just go and enjoy our VACATION and tackle the paperwork when we get home)... ofcourse, anyone that knows me KNOWS there is NO WAY I can just sit around and not do anything for a week if there is something I can do NOW to expedite the process to go get her! So, I took a peek at the document requirements and noticed that one of the requirements is to make sure the i-171H has the correct age, gender and that we are approved for special needs... so I contacted our social worker by email and asked (Ofcourse, I didn't bring my I-171H with me on vacation, so if I was home, I could've looked into this myself) if she could let me know what age she approved us for, and it turns out she only approved us for 0-12 months :( bummer! This means I have to get a revised homestudy to add some months to that age category and send it off to USCIS and HOPE they get on it quickly to issue a revised I-171H. So, it looks like we might have some delays IF our local USCIS office does not get to work on this quickly.... but, one thing I've learned after 4 years of being immersed in adoption stuff is, God's timing is perfect, so I am not going to get anxious :) right?? right!

Comments

Kelly said…
Pam...I just happened to click on your blog this morning and see your wonderful news!! Can't wait to learn more about Selah and see pics! Congratulations on a long awaited dream come true!!
Karmen said…
I'll bet your head is in a spin thinking of everything that is ahead ... it is SO amazing to think that 4 years ago God know who Selah was and who was to be her parents ... and set those wheels in motion even then. And now He is about to bring you together. I am SO excited for you!

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...