Skip to main content

Goodbye, house!

We signed our paperwork to close on the house on Tuesday, 4/17/12.  We moved out of this house 6 months ago,  but the house finally sold and we decided to say goodbye one last time before the new owners closed on 4/19.   

This was our first home in Bend, the 2nd home we owned, the place where we enjoyed many firsts with our kids... When we moved here in 2002 from Indianapolis, IN,  Aaron was fresh out of residency/fellowship training ~ Noah was 4, Calvin was 2, and Michael was just 3 months old.  I remember thinking how incredibly blessed we were to finally be back in our home state where Aaron's family were only 3 hour drive away rather than a 5 hour flight.   I remember looking out at the skylight in our boys room many nights as I tucked them in to bed and read them their stories... imagining the day that we would move out of this place and how big our boys will be by then.  

  This was the home where God brought two beautiful girls home to and where we experienced all the joys and challenges of life.  We'll miss this place, but we are also so happy about where we are now and the many memories we'll make at our new place.  

Good bye, our home for 10 years!  
Mt. Bachelor ~ the view that we'll miss!
Kids with Cuppa Yo in the dining room
Anna & Selah in their bedroom
The boys in their bedroom

Comments

Danae said…
Moving is so very bittersweet(& a pain:)...sounds like some great and wonderful memories were made there.

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...