We've had this vehicle since October 2002 ~ It was the vehicle we purchased when we moved to Bend, OR from Indianapolis, IN.... When we purchased this vehicle, our boys were 4, 2, & 3 months old...
I was so happy with the sliding doors on both sides, which made getting toddlers and babies out of the vehicle a BREEZE. It has a DVD player in it, and it's funny because it was the first DVD player we owned at the time (we only had VCRs in the house). I remember so well when our boys climbed in the vehicle, they immediately took the headsets and wore them. Calvin's little head was too small for even the smallest setting.... The DVD player was such a necessity for us when we would go on the 3 hour LONG drive to visit papa and Grandma... it saved us from having to play the same car games for 3 hours :)
We initially made the "no eating in the van" rule, which was broken on the first long road trip.
We recently purchased a 2005 Toyota Sienna AWD. We live on a BUTTE, which is a fancy word for a hill (maybe not so fancy)... The Honda did great for 5 winters, but I finally decided we really needed to get an ALL WHEEL DRIVE because of the carpooling I do on the hill and last year, I got stuck and couldn't go up a hill that I go on all the time.
So, we put our van up for sale in the paper this past weekend and received a call today from someone that is REALLY interested in buying it... As she drove the vehicle away from our driveway for a test drive, I suddenly felt this sadness and all the memories of being in that vehicle with my wee little boys came flooding into my mind... We took many trips to Portland, to the coast, Boise, Seattle and numerous trips around Bend.
It is just a vehicle but there is a part of me that is going to miss my little Honda :) I do pray it sells though... our driveway is getting cramped :)
Comments
Courtney