Skip to main content

Anna's Dedication at Westside Church



On Sunday, November 16, we had Anna dedicated at our church. We went back and forth in our minds whether to get her dedicated at our local church, or Aaron's parents' church. After much pondering and praying, we decided to do both... we really believe that dedicating our child to God is important to do within our local church since this is where she'll go to sunday school and learn about Jesus... it also makes our congregation accountable to us and us to them to make sure we are raising her according to how God wants us to raise her... so, for that reason, we really wanted her to be dedicated here... but, we also know the richness of our church history with Aaron's parents. We were part of that church for a long time before we moved away, and it was my very first home church. Our entire family (on Aaron's side) go to that church and his parents are the pastors.... I wanted the prayer and support from that community of believers as well... So, we will hopefully have another dedication to post about...BUT, for now, back to THIS dedication....

It was very short and sweet... our great friends Tori & Matt, along with June, their daughter; our great friends Ann & Mike and Chris & Darci came to celebrate with us and watch Anna get dedicated. At one point Anna grabbed pastor Ken's microphone and snapped it and made the loudest sound! Very funny! After church, the Baby dedication coordinator had a table set up for us with balloons, cake, and a little gift. It was so great to have so many people from our congregation that don't even know us come and celebrate with us.

After church, we went to Greg's grill to celebrate. Thanks to Tori, who took many of our great pictures and missed out on being IN the picture herself :)

Enjoy the pictures!

Comments

Ruth said…
Such great pictures! I love the one of Anna and Noah!!
Alisha said…
Pam,
She looks like she is getting so big. I love the pictures. What a sweet doll baby. Are you getting adjusted yet?
Donna said…
Your pictures are wonderful, makes me jealous ;) I'm hoping to get the shots that were taken of us. Congrats!! Anna is SUCH a cutie.
Steve n Coco said…
So sweet! Congratulations, Anna!
Very nice photos of a special time. I have always loved baby dedications! :)
Anonymous said…
Hello Pamela,

My name is Tricia and I met Sarah Reynolds whom you've "talked" with online a while ago about adoptions. She gave me your site to check into the possibility of starting another concurrent adoption through Asia. We, too, are waiting for our little girl from China through CCAI. Our login date was Jan 2007. We have been looking into various other agencies and Asian programs who would allow a concurrent adoption. Could you tell me a little more about your process? I know I need to read more of the blog to catch up a bit but I'm running short on time. I look forward to hearing more about your journey to get your precious little girl from Taiwan. Just as you said in your blog, we too believe the Lord has our little girl waiting somewhere in China - but we'd like to continue adding to our family in the meantime!
In Him, Tricia
Karmen and Greg said…
It's been WAY too long since I've had a chance to catch up on blogs ... I LOVE the photos of Anna's dedication. What a wonderful day!!! Congratulations! I also LOVE the shot of your family walking on your homepage ... that is an AMAZING photo. I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas celebration! I miss talking with you!

Karmen

Popular posts from this blog

Portland Marathon 2013 (My First ever Marathon Recap)

I wanted to capture my moment by moment FIRST marathon experience so here goes: I'll start with the night before: We went over to Aaron's parents house to have some dinner with them as well as Micah & Danielle (Aaron's brother and wife) and their kids, Gabriel and Grace, and Mathew and Taylor (cousins of our kids).   We got back to our hotel (Hilton downtown) around 7:15pm and I organized my outfit for the big day while Aaron took the kids swimming at the pool.  I agonized back and forth about whether to carry my Nathan hydration vest or not for a week and Aaron finally helped me make the decision that although the aid stations were going to be plenty, I should go ahead and carry my own water.... because he knows that  1) I don't like stopping to get water even if it's a moment because I feel like I lose momentum 2) I am really BAD at drinking from the cups and have gotten multiple water sloshes up my nose (which hurts!) and water on my shoes (which, is BA...

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...