Went to the doctor on friday for Selah's first checkup. I dropped off Noah & Calvin with Anna at Aaron's office (while he was doing clinic) and took Michael and Selah only to the pediatrician...
Selah is 22lbs 7ozs(11th percentile)... and 33"(55th percentile). She cried alot during the appointment even when nothing was going on that should make her cry... I think she is not that happy to be at doctor's offices since she's had WAY too many of those in her short life already.
Dr. Chunn took a peek into her ears and found that she had an ear infection in her right ear and prescribed some amoxicillin for her and followed that with 4 shots!(DTap, Hemophilus, Pneumococcus, and chicken pox) OUCH! She did great despite all the shots and only cried while the shots were being given.
She was also given some prescription for what the doctor thinks is eczema on her skin
She seemed to pass the autism questionnaire and overall, had a good report.
There was so much to discuss, that I totally forgot to ask about necessary bloodwork for adoptive children. I recall doing them for Anna but he never mentioned it so I forgot... Selah needs to see him in a month to check on her ear, so I'll probably talk with him then.
I didn't take any pictures at the doctor's office, but here are some from the same day, while shopping for clothes for the boys at the mall :)

Selah LOVES stuffed animals (just like her sister) and found this lovely pink bear... we have WAY too many so we didn't get it for her, but she sure LOVED on it while we were at the store
When one girl gets a hug, the other one is ALWAYS nearby to get in on the action :)
Comments