Skip to main content

Weekend Fun..

For the first weekend since we got back, Aaron was off... well, kinda... he did end up taking call for 5 hours on sunday evening, but he was free all day saturday! Yay! I went for a run by myself on a trail that I have run a hundred times... and as I was about one mile from being done, I must've stumbled on a rock and twisted my ankle... REALLY BAD. I have twisted my ankle a few times before while running, but it was always something I could just shrug off and keep going... but this time, it felt different and it really hurt. I hobbled on one foot while I waited for the pain to subside and tried to put weight on it, but it really, really hurt... so I called Aaron to have him pick me up. I was in the middle of a trail, where cars can't come through, so I walked to the nearest pickup place and as I went along, it actually started feeling better... so, when we got home, we decided to go to a nearby Farmer's Market but the walking around there must've caused my foot further injury... when I got back, my ankle had swollen twice the size of my other ankle and it started to hurt. I was pretty much useless the rest of the day and had to ask everyone to get me things. Thank God Aaron was home :) By evening, Aaron realized I could be in big trouble on monday if I can't figure out some way to be able to walk, so he got me a walking boot/cast to wear from his work (thank God, I am married to someone that specializes in injuries like this!). The walking boot really helped me with the ability to walk so I wore that for most of sunday. By monday, it was getting better, although it was getting UGLIER by the day (bruised, swollen). I realized that we can take things like the ability to walk for granted... it is amazing how much you can't do ANYTHING when just one foot is injured... it gave me so much appreciation for my sister, who, last winter, broke her ankle on ice, had a 10 month old, and 3 other children to care for, all while in a new city with her partner on deployment and finding out she was pregnant!!! I felt bad for her then, but my situation made me realize how hard it must have been to have gone through all that.

Well, here are some pictures from the weekend!!


Anna contemplating whether she should climb the rock or not...

Selah being silly..

Eating yummy bread


NEXT time, I'll post pictures of our boys... they seem to be left out of picture taking lately.. maybe I'll do a profile of each child sometime :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I completely understand what you mean about taking things like walking for granted since I broke my ankle/fibula on 6/29 playing roller derby. I haven't been able to walk for 4 weeks and I have 3 to go. It has been a very different summer and I praise God that my situation is temporary. The girls look so happy and healthy.
Love Alisha
Kelly said…
Pam, So sorry to read about your ankle...hope that it is feeling better!

I also wanted to thank you for your comments on my blog and especially for the prayers! I so enjoyed knowing you were following along our journey.

It's amazing that so many of us have or will be going to China to such a short period of time. Truly a Blessing!!
Mike Thomas said…
I am writing to ask for your permission to include your posts on
AdoptionExperiences.com and include a link to your blog in our
directory. We would
include a link back to your blog fully crediting you for your work
along with a profile about you listed on AdoptionExperiences.com .
Please let us
know as soon as possible.

Mike@adoptionexperiences.com

Mike Thomas
Editor-in-Chief
AdoptionExperiences.com

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...