Skip to main content

Chinese New Year Celebration, Part 3

Last saturday, January 28, we went to yet another Chinese New Year Celebration... this time, it was an event organized by ECHO (Education For Chinese Orphans) a non-profit organization started by a family here in Bend that we have known for almost 10 years.  They have 4 children, 2 of them adopted from China.  We won quite a few of the silent auction that evening... one of the items that Calvin personally paid for was a gift for Anna for her birthday... you'll see it on my next post... it was a beautifully decorated bin of cake pops.  

The girls enjoyed dancing and we enjoyed having another reason to celebrate our girls' heritage and an excuse to dress them up in their Chinese outfits!

Here's a link to the article about the event. 


 Getting ready to go to another Chinese New Year Celebration(Selah was really into wearing these glasses)

 Anna & Selah making dragon masks

 Time for Chinese Food

 and a little dancing...

Getting ready for the dragon dance

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...