Michael and I participate in Classical Conversations every Thursday morning. It is one of the curriculums I use for homeschooling Michael and it involves meeting other CC kids and their parents once a week and going over Timeline, History, Geography, Latin, Science, Math concept, music, Public Speaking and we even fit in some sort of science experiment... Yesterday we created a "snow flake" using a jar, pipe cleaners, borax and hot water. There is a chemical reaction that happens when you mix borax with hot water... Crystals begin to form after about 2-3 hours and in our case, the crystals formed on our "snow flake" formed from pipe cleaners.
Another thing I learned, which I don't recall learning when I was going to school is the 3 ocean zones which are photic, bathyl and abyssal. Michael will be going further with this science concept today and doing some research on details about these 3 zones.
We cram quite a bit in the 3 hours we meet weekly. I am amazed at how much Michael is learning. I am learning along with him,but he seems to be retaining it so much more than me :)
Here are some pics from the experiments
Another thing I learned, which I don't recall learning when I was going to school is the 3 ocean zones which are photic, bathyl and abyssal. Michael will be going further with this science concept today and doing some research on details about these 3 zones.
We cram quite a bit in the 3 hours we meet weekly. I am amazed at how much Michael is learning. I am learning along with him,but he seems to be retaining it so much more than me :)
Here are some pics from the experiments



Comments