Today was a big day for Noah ~ First of all ....Lastnight, the boys were sitting at the bar eating their dinner and Noah asked for more bagel... so I told him he could get down and get himself some... so he did and immediately, he started saying "Oh, NO!" and sounded very panicked... so I ran over to where he was and saw that his foot had a big screw sticking out of it! He had jumped onto the screw as he was climbing down the bar stool... I have no idea how he stepped on it and how the screw happened to be upright for him to do that... but, he did and it was stuck in there... It looked horrible and poor Noah started screaming (freaking out) as soon as he realized what had happened... I tried my best to remain calm myself, but if you know me at all, you know that I am VERY, VERY bad with blood. the screw was in there about 1/4" and it was not going to come out easily... so, I called Aaron (he was in a meeting at work) and asked him what I should do (I knew that I would have to literally unscrew it out of his foot and it was not going to be pulled out like a nail would....) so he told me that I should be able to unscrew it and see what happens... he told me he would rush home, but I told him I would try to do it first and if it's not easy, I'll give him a call back... so, in the meantime, Noah is crying because he's in so much pain and I was really trying to be calm and told him I have to try to pull it out...ofcourse, he didn't like that and begged me "please, don't pull it out" so I told him to try to be really strong and I prayed for him that God would help him... it didn't really help immediately, but I asked Calvin to help Noah by being there right by his head as I took his foot and began to unscrew and gently pull it out...well, it didn't work and he was in way more pain than before and by then, Calvin was also crying because he felt so badly! So, I called Aaron again and asked him to come home and so he did ... Noah was so nervous about Aaron coming home to pull it out but I told him that daddy's a doctor and he knows what he's doing! So, he just said "I hope so"... thankfully, Aaron found another screw the same size and compared to see how far it had gone into Noah's foot and so he figured it would take just 2 little twists and it should be out... so he did while I held Noah down (poor Noah) and it came out very easily for him! THANK GOD for him because I just don't know how I would've done it if he was not here!
OK, so that was LAST NIGHT... today, Noah had a dental appt to extract a baby tooth for the purpose of allowing his big adult teeth to come in.... so, the dentist pulled his tooth and it was soooo huge! The root was very long and it took a while for the dentist to get it.
So, now Noah is wobbling around (his foot still hurts) and has a huge hole in his gums! He has been such a brave guy through all of it though...
OH, you're probably wondering where did that screw come from??? It was a screw that had fallen out of the bar stool.... :(
OK, so that was LAST NIGHT... today, Noah had a dental appt to extract a baby tooth for the purpose of allowing his big adult teeth to come in.... so, the dentist pulled his tooth and it was soooo huge! The root was very long and it took a while for the dentist to get it.
So, now Noah is wobbling around (his foot still hurts) and has a huge hole in his gums! He has been such a brave guy through all of it though...
OH, you're probably wondering where did that screw come from??? It was a screw that had fallen out of the bar stool.... :(
Comments
What a brave little Noah. I hope he feels less sore tomorrow.
Leslie
Theresa
LB.RT Believers
You get the super mom award for surviving all of that!
Yikes,
Rebecca
Jessica