Skip to main content

Got the BROWN envelope


I got the BROWN envelope the other day.... it's kinda funny because I got the "brown envelope" from the Consualte in Jakarta already for our "potential" Indonesia adoption already and even though now that our current I-171H is no longer valid for China, we still got the one for China too....It was dated back on October 12, 2006. I think if I had received it 4-5 months ago, I would've been more excited about it... I think the part that makes it less exciting is that I know I'll have to do a brand new application for China by the time we go there to pick up Selah. I have become more discouraged lately with the whole adoption process. I definitely have UP days when I feel re-energized and excited about God's promises to us, but I seem to have come to a place where that is more rare these days... I have to fight to keep up the "good spirits". God is definitely putting me through a time of testing to see if I'll continue to trust Him with this.... the adoption through Indonesia, China... it all seems to be at a stand still and for me, who likes to plan ahead, it has become increasingly difficult... wow, I definitely didn't plan to write such a "downer" post :) :) Thankfully, nobody needs to read this and it's good to have on record the "highs" and "lows" of this process.... I hate waiting... I really do :) But if it's You, God that's put me on this waiting time, I will EMBRACE it :) I do have a "happy looking" picture of me holding the brown envelope though :)

GOD is good, all the time, Praise God for always being faithful to refine me :)

Comments

Ruth said…
I know everyone is probably tired of me saying this and it does not make the waiting easier - but God's timing is perfect! Hope to see you in a couple of weeks!!

Ruth
Lisa said…
Pam,

Sorry you are down right now. I totally can relate. I hope you will start to feel up about the adoption soon. Hang in there. We are here for you!

Lisa
Unknown said…
Pam-

So sorry that you are feeling down. I appreciate your willingness to be vulnerable. We need to be honest with each other, with ourselves, and with God about how we are feeling.

I wonder about your Indonesian adoption plans all the time. Being on both adoption journies, both with such uncertainty, must be a real challenge.

God will bless your faith, and I will pray for you.

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. Your friendship through this journey...even if through cyber space is appreciated!
Angie said…
Pam,

I received my brown envelope too and I have to agree that if it had been a few months ago it would've been more exciting. It was pretty anticlimatic last week!
I am sorry you have been down lately. I guess we will all have those moments/days/weeks in the months to come but thankfully we all have each other to lift one another up during those times. Hopefully, we won't all be down at the same time! ;)

Praying for you,

Angie

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...