Skip to main content

Noah had his surgery today...

I took Noah in this morning to get his frenectomy and all went well... he was so brave about the whole thing!

He was a little nervous lastnight and shared his concern about waking up in the middle of surgery, but thankfully, Aaron was able to help him feel comfortable about it by telling him that he's done many surgeries and he's never had any of his patients ever wake up in the middle of surgery. He also told Noah that there are many adults that are scared of the very same thing and so it's OK if he feels scared.

Michael woke up sick in the middle of the night with tummy cramps and a really accident (didn't make it to the bathroom in time) so I was cleaning him and the bedspreads at 1AM.... it was a really bad night for that to happen, but thankfully, he fell asleep again by 2AM so I was able to sleep a little bit before 6AM.

Noah woke up very peaceful (THANK YOU, GOD!) and I was actually very much at peace as well... even though Aaron couldn't come with me, I really didn't end up being a big deal. We gave Noah his valium at 7:30AM and he began to feel the effects of the medication right away. He was struggling to put his socks and shoes on and kept stumbling around. It was so cute!

The procedure only lasted about 40 minutes from beginning to end and the nurses and doctor said he was so brave and did GREAT. He apparently even watched as they put in his i.v. I asked if he remembered anything and he said he felt like he was awake the whole time but then he later said maybe he was asleep for 5 minutes.... Anyways, all went well and he is now able to stick his tongue straight out! He was pretty amazed at that! WE went through McDonald's drive thru and got him a strawberry milkshake.... now he's drowsy and watching Arthur. He should be OK with eating regular food by sunday or monday. I'm so glad it's over and he did great!

THANK YOU God :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...