Mother's Day was GREAT...Aaron made a weekend out of it and on saturday, he took me to Best Buy to get my mother's Day gift... It wasn't exactly the typical "mother's day" kinda gift, but it was something we kinda needed because the one we had in our room broke recently... no need to say what it was because it may not be that exciting to others (it was to me)
The real Mother's Day treat began sunday morning ... at around 5:30AM, I heard Aaron walking around in the house (he is an early riser, ALWAYS) and I could hear he was trying to get the boys out of bed too... I was too tired so I kept sleeping but I heard them trying to get ready and out the door...I finally got out of bed at around 6:30AM and took a shower and just as I got ready, I heard the boys run into my room with bouquets of flowers... (the tulips and roses in the picture)! Aaron had gone to the store and bought some flowers for me for Mother's Day. He also stopped by Starbucks and got me a latte and some treats for all of us to share! He is such a sweetie and always knows what I like! As we were sitting at the dining room table, enjoying the coffee and treats, Aaron looked at the bouquet and said... "Oh, Look, there's a red thread on this stem... God is reminding you about our connection to our daughter in China".... For those who don't know, Aaron is not really "into" all the Chinese adoption stuff like ladybugs, red threads, etc... so for HIM to say that really meant something and for there to be a random RED THREAD on a bouquet of flowers.... God always knows how to bring some sort of encouragement to me especially when I need it! I had been feeling kinda down lately with adoption and it seems that whenever I tell him about that and give it up to Him, He brings me little reminders of His love for me and a boost to keep me going!
We went to church after breakfast... we had to volunteer in Kids' Church today but when we got home, Aaron told me to just go relax in our room while he made lunch for us... he ended up having the kids sign cards for Mother's Day and some other little gifts! I even got a afternoon nap, a nice walk and bike ride together as a family and an outing at a hotdog place that one of our friends in town owns. I have to constantly stop myself and see the blessing God has given me. I feel like the most blessed mom in the world!
The real Mother's Day treat began sunday morning ... at around 5:30AM, I heard Aaron walking around in the house (he is an early riser, ALWAYS) and I could hear he was trying to get the boys out of bed too... I was too tired so I kept sleeping but I heard them trying to get ready and out the door...I finally got out of bed at around 6:30AM and took a shower and just as I got ready, I heard the boys run into my room with bouquets of flowers... (the tulips and roses in the picture)! Aaron had gone to the store and bought some flowers for me for Mother's Day. He also stopped by Starbucks and got me a latte and some treats for all of us to share! He is such a sweetie and always knows what I like! As we were sitting at the dining room table, enjoying the coffee and treats, Aaron looked at the bouquet and said... "Oh, Look, there's a red thread on this stem... God is reminding you about our connection to our daughter in China".... For those who don't know, Aaron is not really "into" all the Chinese adoption stuff like ladybugs, red threads, etc... so for HIM to say that really meant something and for there to be a random RED THREAD on a bouquet of flowers.... God always knows how to bring some sort of encouragement to me especially when I need it! I had been feeling kinda down lately with adoption and it seems that whenever I tell him about that and give it up to Him, He brings me little reminders of His love for me and a boost to keep me going!
We went to church after breakfast... we had to volunteer in Kids' Church today but when we got home, Aaron told me to just go relax in our room while he made lunch for us... he ended up having the kids sign cards for Mother's Day and some other little gifts! I even got a afternoon nap, a nice walk and bike ride together as a family and an outing at a hotdog place that one of our friends in town owns. I have to constantly stop myself and see the blessing God has given me. I feel like the most blessed mom in the world!


Comments
It looks and sounds like you had a great Mother's Day! Good for you! How cool that those flowers had a red thread....He sends us messages in all sorts of ways..doesn't He?
Happy Belated Mother's Day!
Angie
Leslie
our is www.sophialotusflower.blogspot.com