Skip to main content

Update on Taiwan Program

What a week it has been with Taiwan adoptions. We finally received an email from our agency today about what is going on with Taiwan. As it stands, it is looking like our family is safe from getting rejected by Taiwan... atleast for now. The Taiwan foundation changed 2 specific rules that Families can request a non-special needs child if the total number of children that a family has does not exceed 3. They also stated that there should not be any criminal history for either parents. Our agency is going to be calling us to let us know how or if this affects us, but from what it sounds like, we can still stay in the program! I knew that no matter what, God will work things out... whether it was that He would give us a wonderful older child, special needs child, or a non-special needs infant. But, this news really makes me happy to know that we don't have to make any hard decisions anytime soon and hopefully, things will be smooth from here on out... (Is that possible with international adoption?? maybe... maybe not.)

Our agency made it clear that anywhere during this process (even after referral), there is a chance that a family can get rejected so we need to be prepared. I am glad that they are telling us this now because it helps me to prepare my heart. It is not going to be over until we have Anna in our arms and we are in our home!!

Anyways, just wanted to share that good news!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...