Skip to main content

Month of February



Here is an update of our family ~ I have not had much time to post lately ... because I've been going crazy organizing everything in our house.

I started with the boys' room, which was getting overloaded with toys, rocks, legos, school stuff, and nothing was in order, so I took a weekend to help them go through everything and donated or threw away atleast 1/2 of their "stuff".

Next, I organized my kitchen area where it seems all the paper from school gets scattered everywhere. I organized a central location (in a closet by the kitchen) where all their school supplies will be kept along with bin for each child where they would find their class info. It is amazing what a difference having a system for them makes!

Today, I am working on our office because Aaron just got called in to the E.R. and he thinks he will not be home until after midnight :( The boys are helping me a little but they are mostly reading books for their book reports and AR (Accelerated Reader) points that they need to fulfill for the month of February.

Here's a little side note: Noah (my oldest and 4th grader) made the TOP honors(honor roll 90% in all subjects) again this semester! I am so proud of him. I am proud of him even if he doesn't make honor roll, but he is such a hard worker and he is learning that hard work pays off.

I forgot to post last week about 2 very important days we celebrated last week! First, was Valentine's Day. Aaron & I celebrated our 16th Valentine's day together (counting the years we were dating too). He is such a sweetie and brought me home roses and a very beautiful necklace that he said "reminds me of my girls" The necklace is a chain with a white gold flip-flop type sandal pendant. Very beautiful and so thoughtful.

On Saturday, the 16th, we celebrated Aaron's 38th birthday! His birthday always seems to get mixed up with Valentine's Day and in many ways, I feel like he gets cheated out of his special day, so this year, I decided to make it a 3 day celebration by beginning on Valentine's Day with a cake that the boys and I made (mostly for the kids), the boys each made a handmade card, and we went out to a great Mexican Restaurant for dinner ~ on friday, we celebrated his birthday with one Ann & Mike and their 2 kids, Michael & Jane at a restaurant called Soba Noodles, on Saturday, we celebrated early with the boys giving Aaron feet massages and walking on his back, and invited Tori & Matt over for some lunch, games and delicious cake that Matt made. We also decided to go to church that night, which was EXCELLENT and then after church, Darci & Chris and Baby Trenton came over for more dessert. We are usually not such a social family, but since Aaron LOVES people and hanging out, I really wanted him to have what I think He considers a GREAT birthday.

Anyways, Happy Birthday to my Sweetie, who is now my age :)

Comments

Middle-Aged Moi said…
Pam,

I just read your post below, but I didn't want you to miss my comment...

I am so sorry about what you are going through right now. I could NOT agree with you more that international adoption is painful. I am so sorry you are feeling it right now. It is hard to put your trust in God, that He will do what's best for you. I will pray for you, dear friend. And I'm glad you're at peace.

BIG HUGS FROM MOI! :-)
Hi. I have updated your header again so now it is larger like the other headers I have done.

If you'd like I can set it up for you and add my logo in the sidebar if that's ok.

Please email me at blogsbydanielle@gmail.com
Jessica said…
Cute pictures and awesome cake! I wish I could get motivated to organize my house like you did!

Jessica
Steve n Coco said…
Hi!
Just catching up on all the ASIA family blogs-- I love the pictures! And by the way, way to go on organizing the house, that's no easy task :)

Courtney

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...