Skip to main content

Care Package

Today, I finally sent out the care package that I have been working so hard to send Anna.

Do you think I over did it a little???




I couldn't figure out what to eliminate... I had to include a camera... or two... and I had a bunch of really cute clothes in 3-6 months sizes that I just didn't want her to not wear...and, ofcourse, I needed to send her pictures of us in albums but not just one album... two toy albums... and then there's the teddy bear that Michael & I went to make at the stuff a bear place with all our voices on it... I am hoping she squeezes that bear everyday so she can hear what her mommy and daddy sounds like.. and her brothers too. I also sent a cute cuddle blanket that I've been sleeping with ever since I found out she might be ours.... I was hoping she would know me by smell (I know, kinda funny, but I'm desperate to make sure she knows me)

The package ended up being about 11 lbs... She is worth every penny it costs to ship it to her though. I am hoping we get some updated pictures of her wearing some of the clothes.

I want her here already, but for now, I am just happy that she will soon get something that we've touched.

Oh, the following picture is what Aaron bought me when he was gone to San Francisco last week... He visited Chinatown and ended up buying these cute matching outfits for Anna & me. He made some nice Chinese friends as well...:) He is too sweet... and very thoughtful. Thank you, sweetie :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a SWEET post. Anna will be WELL loved! YES you overdid it a little, (smile), but I would have too! How sweet of Aaron to buy you guys matching outfits ... I would have cried! Won't be long!

Karmen
Melinda said…
What a sweet husband you have! I love the matching outfits! You have waited so long for your little girl! Go ahead and have fun spoiling her!

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...