Skip to main content

Happy 13 years!

Yesterday was Aaron & my 13 year wedding anniversary! We celebrated by going out the night before to a restaurant called Bo... it is a new Asian restaurant with unique dishes from Japan, Thailand, Korea and other Asian countries. It was fun to hang out and chat, we joked about how our marriage has now entered the "teen age" years..... it was also the day that we received some very precious updated pictures of Anna Li Grace so we couldn't help but talk about her alot and look at her precious pictures.

In the 13 years that we've been married, we've had our normal ups and downs of relationship, have had many blessings from God in spiritual and natural things, have suffered some losses and heartbreaks and learned many new things together by trial and error... I have watched Aaron graduate from not one, two, but THREE various academic institutions, we have become parents of one, two and then three beautiful boys, then, as we began our journey to add a little girl to our family through adoption, we learned together that even though our adoption journey began with a desire for a girl, it turned into something so much more in the process...through all of these life experiences in our marriage, Aaron has been a stable, solid rock for me to lean on. He has been the pillar in our family... the one I like to see the first thing I wake up and the one I like to see at the end of the day. We have our disagreements on little things in life, but those things pale in comparison to the joy he brings to me by God's grace. He never ceases to make me a latte in the morning and always loves to watch the sunrise (if I'm awake), and the sunrise(if he's home) with me :) He is a true romantic at heart and I am so blessed to have been married to him for 13 years.

Happy Anniversary to us ~


Comments

Cindy said…
Happy Anniversary!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com
Unknown said…
Happy Anniversary! Your marriage is an amazing example for us all.

BTW-You are too cute, Pam! These photos are adorable.
Middle-Aged Moi said…
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! May God bless you with MANY more!
Steve n Coco said…
Happy Anniversary!! I'm so sorry it didn't work out to meet you this weekend... do let us know if you will be in Seattle anytime.
Courtney
p.s. I know EXACTLY what you mean about the adoption thing starting out as a desire for a girl and turning into so much more. How cool! Off to take a look at your new Anna pics!
Kelly and Matt said…
Happy 13th! Matt and I will hit that milestone in August. Sometimes it's hard to believe we've actually been together that long ;O)

Popular posts from this blog

Portland Marathon 2013 (My First ever Marathon Recap)

I wanted to capture my moment by moment FIRST marathon experience so here goes: I'll start with the night before: We went over to Aaron's parents house to have some dinner with them as well as Micah & Danielle (Aaron's brother and wife) and their kids, Gabriel and Grace, and Mathew and Taylor (cousins of our kids).   We got back to our hotel (Hilton downtown) around 7:15pm and I organized my outfit for the big day while Aaron took the kids swimming at the pool.  I agonized back and forth about whether to carry my Nathan hydration vest or not for a week and Aaron finally helped me make the decision that although the aid stations were going to be plenty, I should go ahead and carry my own water.... because he knows that  1) I don't like stopping to get water even if it's a moment because I feel like I lose momentum 2) I am really BAD at drinking from the cups and have gotten multiple water sloshes up my nose (which hurts!) and water on my shoes (which, is BA...

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...