Skip to main content

No Word ~ and other stuff

For those who are checking here for updates on the courts with Taiwan, we have no news to report... however, last week on the Orphanage Yahoo group that I read and post sometimes, there was a family that had their hearing one day before us and they already received their first ruling last week, which means, they COULD receive their final ruling THIS week... apparently, they already have a date that the Orphanage gave them to pick up their daughter and that date is August 18th!!! So, even though this could mean absolutely nothing to us since there are no consistencies in timeframe for Taiwan adoptions, it COULD mean that if our case is as fast as theirs, we could receive our FINAL decree this week or early next week also... but then again, it all depends on our case and if it was straightforward enough and if we had the same judge, etc, etc.... I have been praying that it would go quickly, so I am really, really hoping we have already had our first ruling, but just don't know about it yet... There is a family in Taipei right now that have picked up their daughter from the same agency.. they are also the first Taiwan family that our agency matched... It only took them 23 days or so from first hearing until they were notified of their final decree and travel date.... we are at Day 20 today.... Do you think I might be getting a little bit anxious?? I have asked our agency to please update us on the status of our court hearing, but, they have not emailed me back. I am really, really, wishing our China agency was our Taiwan agency also... CCAI has been so good to us and so great with communication... I think our Taiwan agency is sorta average... not bad, but not that great. OK, enough rambling about that...

One of the reasons I'd like to know when we'll travel (other than the obvious), is that we are planning a trip to Okinawa, Japan on the way to Taipei. If you didn't know already, I (Pam) am from Okinawa and was born and raised there... All my siblings and their family live there, along with my mom, whom I have not seen in almost 20 years! She is aging and I really want to see her and have her meet Aaron & our boys. It'll be a crazy, emotional trip all packed in one, but I seriously don't know how we'll arrange to go to Okinawa again unless we do it during the trip to Taiwan. Okinawa is about a 2 hour flight away from Taipei, so it made sense to us to just go and take advantage of the trip. I have also been in contact with a friend of mine from childhood when I lived in Okinawa, who now lives in Taichung, Taiwan... She has expressed interest in seeing us when we are in Taipei, which is a total blessing since she could probably show us around.

Anyways, lots going on in my head and I just want to know when we'll go so we can plan accordingly. Please pray that God continues to keep my head clear and at REST. I would obviously love to travel ASAP, but I know that God's timing truly is perfect.... I have been fighting feeling sad when I don't hear from my agency.. but I just want to live each day to its fullest, knowing that my time of being a mom to 3 boys who are fairly easy to take care of is coming to an end soon...I can't wait, but at the same time, I want to treasure each day...

Thanks for reading this LOOOOOOONG post :)

Comments

Ruth said…
Pam, I hope you hear some news very soon!!! That will be an emotional trip. Praying you will find out soon so you can make firm plans!!
Kelly and Matt said…
Wow, your trip possibilities sound awesome. Praying that you hear something soon...
Lisa said…
Praying that you will hear something soon. I can not imagine the emotions you are going through and the excitement of seeing your family as well!

Popular posts from this blog

Portland Marathon 2013 (My First ever Marathon Recap)

I wanted to capture my moment by moment FIRST marathon experience so here goes: I'll start with the night before: We went over to Aaron's parents house to have some dinner with them as well as Micah & Danielle (Aaron's brother and wife) and their kids, Gabriel and Grace, and Mathew and Taylor (cousins of our kids).   We got back to our hotel (Hilton downtown) around 7:15pm and I organized my outfit for the big day while Aaron took the kids swimming at the pool.  I agonized back and forth about whether to carry my Nathan hydration vest or not for a week and Aaron finally helped me make the decision that although the aid stations were going to be plenty, I should go ahead and carry my own water.... because he knows that  1) I don't like stopping to get water even if it's a moment because I feel like I lose momentum 2) I am really BAD at drinking from the cups and have gotten multiple water sloshes up my nose (which hurts!) and water on my shoes (which, is BA...

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...