3 months ago today, we became a family of six. We saw Anna for the first time and instantly felt like she belonged. I know that isn't always the case with adoption....but for me, there was a bond right away. We still had to get to know who she was, just like you get to know your newborn...and, ofcourse, she needed to feel that bond with us... She started out really independent and hardly needing attention, she was so independent that if she ever hurt herself, she really didn't want or know how to be comforted... We worked through that by just being there for her all the time... she went through a short phase of needing me to hold her all the time and now, she's sort of back to her independent self, but she is so much more herself, happy, at ease... she really belongs. She brings me so much joy when she laughs at her brothers, when she looks at me and smiles, when she gives us kisses... She is PURE delight. In the past 3 months, life has gone by full speed and I am not sure I've had very many moments of "just enjoying"... One day during one of my very precious moments with her, I felt God and I sensed His great pleasure in her, in me and just in the whole way He brought her to us. I couldn't do anything but give God praise... He really does all things well. Even though I am so unworthy of this call to motherhood, He somehow knows that He is able to make things right and make things good. Thank you God, for entrusting Anna to us.
3 months ago today, we became a family of six. We saw Anna for the first time and instantly felt like she belonged. I know that isn't always the case with adoption....but for me, there was a bond right away. We still had to get to know who she was, just like you get to know your newborn...and, ofcourse, she needed to feel that bond with us... She started out really independent and hardly needing attention, she was so independent that if she ever hurt herself, she really didn't want or know how to be comforted... We worked through that by just being there for her all the time... she went through a short phase of needing me to hold her all the time and now, she's sort of back to her independent self, but she is so much more herself, happy, at ease... she really belongs. She brings me so much joy when she laughs at her brothers, when she looks at me and smiles, when she gives us kisses... She is PURE delight. In the past 3 months, life has gone by full speed and I am not sure I've had very many moments of "just enjoying"... One day during one of my very precious moments with her, I felt God and I sensed His great pleasure in her, in me and just in the whole way He brought her to us. I couldn't do anything but give God praise... He really does all things well. Even though I am so unworthy of this call to motherhood, He somehow knows that He is able to make things right and make things good. Thank you God, for entrusting Anna to us.
Comments
Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com
I didn't know you are a new Momma? Wonderful, we swapped squishes in the Yahoo group and may have been in the same LID group too.
Congratulations on your gorgeous little girl. What a blessing and what a beautiful family.
Have a wonderful Holiday Season
Ivy