Skip to main content

Something new about Michael...


Isn't he cute???

Here's a picture of my youngest son, Michael.... anything look different??

YEP, he has GLASSES! During the parent teacher conference in November, we were told by his teacher that he seems to be struggling to read the board when he sits in the back of the room... so, we took him in for an eye exam and sure enough, he needed glasses. I was hoping our poor children would not end up needing glasses/contacts like their parents. Thankfully, Noah & Calvin are both seeing fine.

Comments

Middle-Aged Moi said…
He looks ADORABLE in glasses! Ahem.... I mean manly....and handsome too. :-)
Melinda said…
Too cute! I love his new glasses! How is Michael adjusting to his glasses. Ethan got glasses at 6 years old and I dreaded having my kid have to wear glasses. He did so good with them though. So good in fact that at age 11 1/2 we felt he was responsible enough to get contacts(he begged us for over a year)! He has done awesome with his contacts and will probably be one of those kids who always needs glasses/contacts!
aw...I think he looks super-cute! Now he looks more like Daddy, too. Also, it's something special just for Michael (cuz he'd like that).
Donna said…
He looks totally cool! Payton had to wear glasses for about 2 years, and then was told he didn't need them daily anymore. We were shocked, I never heard of growing out of glasses, but our optometrist is Randy's brother, so we trust him. Looks like Michael is happy about his new specs!
Karmen and Greg said…
I think Michael looks very handsome in glasses! : )

Karmen
Donna said…
LOVE the new site look!!! And, love even more the family picture! The casual/non-pose is so wonderful!

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...