Christmas this year came by quickly and left in the same way.... I don't know, it could be the fact that my time was more limited this year with Anna. We had our "family" Christmas at home on the 23rd evening. We were all, unfortunately, a bit on the "ill" side.(stomach bug) We weren't terribly ill, but we were all not feeling spectacular and for Christmas, and traveling 3 hours to Portland, one really does need to feel pretty spectacular to make it all go well.... We were blessed, none-the-less, and there were no huge disasters on the road... (just a big messy house before we left). We traveled to Portland(We had lots of snow so the mountain pass over Mt.Hood was pretty packed with snow) on Christmas eve and had a big family Christmas with Aaron's family. The boys always love going to Portland to hang out with all the cousins, and "Santa" (i.e., papa) showed up again at the house. Anna had her first (or was it 2nd??) encounter with Santa and she seems to really love the nice man. The Askew Christmas gets pretty crazy with a total of 15 adults including Great-Grandma Askew (Grandma Lucy), and 14 grandchildren...(all 10 years and younger). We had some great food, great conversations, fun games, and lots of kids to love on. We made it home on saturday the 27th, and the boys headed straight for their stocking (Santa is always faithful to show up and fill our stockings at home so we can open them when we return). This year Santa brought some cool Japanese items... We are always thankful that we have family to celebrate Christmas with. There have been many times in my life that I didn't have that luxury and I am reminded how great it is that our boys and Anna will always have memories of Christmas that is filled with the love of Christ and the love of family.
Enjoy the Pictures!
Enjoy the Pictures!



Comments
BTW-I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your family photo in the brown outfits. I may steal that someday.
I love the vests! I have a few vests myself and love them!
Be blessed,
Courtney
p.s. did you hear that our agency FINALLY got its second NSN referral?? I'm glad for those who are still waiting...