I wanted to deviate from what can become a boring recap of daily events in Maui to write a bit about a book released fairly recently by someone I know in Bend. Her name is Bo Stern. She is one of the pastors at Westside Church where we attend, a mother of 4, and her youngest child, a son, is a great friend of my son Calvin... She's also a grandma ( a really young looking one) and she is also a wife to Steve Stern, who was diagnosed with ALS(Lou Gehrig's disease).
Bo has always been one of those passionate, authentic speakers that the Holy Spirit seems to always use to encourage, convict, enlighten me and I have always walked away from her messages either changed or desperately wanting to be changed. All of that prior to Steve's diagnosis. Since his diagnosis, to me, she's become even more passionate, real and now I find I cry just thinking about her messages, her life and now, reading this book.
Aaron and I have read this book cover to cover already but we are going through it again and discussing the chapter daily during our morning coffee time here. I've also sent all my sisters( bio and in-laws)and 2 of them have already expressed how it's changing their life)
I can't recommend this book highly enough.
Get it ! It's called Beautiful Battlefields by Bo Stern
The first person to comment on here, I will personally send you the book...
Just leave me a comment and your email address so I can get your mailing address!
Happy reading!
Bo has always been one of those passionate, authentic speakers that the Holy Spirit seems to always use to encourage, convict, enlighten me and I have always walked away from her messages either changed or desperately wanting to be changed. All of that prior to Steve's diagnosis. Since his diagnosis, to me, she's become even more passionate, real and now I find I cry just thinking about her messages, her life and now, reading this book.
Aaron and I have read this book cover to cover already but we are going through it again and discussing the chapter daily during our morning coffee time here. I've also sent all my sisters( bio and in-laws)and 2 of them have already expressed how it's changing their life)
I can't recommend this book highly enough.
Get it ! It's called Beautiful Battlefields by Bo Stern
The first person to comment on here, I will personally send you the book...
Just leave me a comment and your email address so I can get your mailing address!
Happy reading!
Comments