Skip to main content

I've been tagged!

My Cyber buddy Leslie tagged us to answer some of these questions! My answers are in PINK :)

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa brings stocking stuffers to our house
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Not usually
5. When do you put your decorations up? After Thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? cranberry sauce
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: That's a hard one...
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth? He lives in North Pole, right? :) :)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Our Christmas is whenever we can get everyone together.... sometimes it's christmas, sometimes it before, depends on everyone's schedule.
10 How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? All kinds... we have a family ornament that we buy every year along with an ornament for each child every year since my first son was born... He now has 8 ornaments! It's always fun to look back at all the ornaments and where we were in life... our boys and I talk about it as we decorate each year.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE it around Christmas.. anytime after that, I get more grumpy about driving in it :)
12. Can you ice skate? Not really... but I am good at pretending like I can
13. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Making sure our boys get the idea behind why we celebrate Christmas... to build family traditions and keep them...
14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Anything... I love strawberry rhubarb pie... maybe not real Christmas like, but it's my favorite.
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going to Portland for Christmas and decorating our tree.
16. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I truly enjoy BOTH!
17. What's your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night
18. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Neutral :)

Thanks Leslie, this was fun :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...