Skip to main content

My Sweet, sweet Aaron & other stuff.......

Aaron was such a sweetie and yesterday made an appt for me to go get a facial! It was for my birthday (even though my birthday isn't 'till tomorrow).

If yo've never had a facial before, you HAVE to do it! It is the most relaxing thing EVER. I felt weird about it at first and was wondering if it was going to be OK, but once she started, it was so great! I think I actually fell asleep a little. My face looks so shiny now and firm.

I set up the crib in the "baby room"... I was going to NOT do it until we knew more about how long it's going to be until Selah gets here, but Aaron told me I should just do it... He said we'll call it our FAITH ROOM :) God knows when we'll have our baby(ies) here, and we are far from being "done" with the nursery.. it'll give us something fun to work on during our spare time. I was also going through all our boys' old newborn - 6 months box to see if we needed to get rid of anything and found the baby bjorn that I used to use for the boys... Just for fun, I put it on to see if I still remembered how to use it... since I didn't have a baby to put in there, I put in a teddy bear. Michael thought it was funny.

Have a Happy Thursday!

Comments

Jessica said…
Cute pictures Pam! I love the crib and the bedding! Very girly! You have pretty skin! I love to get facials but don't do it nearly enough! i hope you enjoyed yourself and relaxed.

Jessica
Middle-Aged Moi said…
I love the crib too, and the idea of a "faith room". Nice that you got to have a facial!!!!!

Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!
Unknown said…
Pam-

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the adorable outfits for Sophia! I am going to post pictures on my blog tonight. You are such a sweet person.

Happy Birthday! You look great!

I love the "faith room" idea. Your crib is adorable! Can't wait to see a baby in your family.
Anonymous said…
Cute baby in the Bjorn! Did your other kids have that much hair when they were born?:)
Ruth said…
Love the crib and bedding!!!!! Hope you have a very Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!!!!

Blessings,
Ruth
Leslie said…
Love the bed and bedding Pam. How neat to see you have some pink in your house now...YEAH. I love the faith room also. It will be such a special place for you and your daughter(s). I'm glad you enjoyed your facial. Your so beautiful anyway, you always have that glow.

Have a Wonderful Birthday,
Leslie
Angie said…
Happy Birthday, Pam!! I'm so glad that you got to enjoy your facial...what a great gift! I love facials!!
The crib and bedding are too precious. So girly! I bet it feels neat having some pink in a room in your house...I can't wait!!

Angie
Daniella said…
Hi Pam
I lost track of your blog - it was coming up unfound for the past month and now I just found you on Rebecca's blog. I am a fellow Oct. 06 Teamonkey. Glad to read your blog again. Your facial sounds amazing! I had one last week and loved it.
Anonymous said…
i love the bumper pad pattern! girly but unique.
Donna said…
Your crib bedding is pretty! Randy gave me a GC for a facial for Mom's day, I need to make my appointment...especially with your glowing recommendation!

Popular posts from this blog

Portland Marathon 2013 (My First ever Marathon Recap)

I wanted to capture my moment by moment FIRST marathon experience so here goes: I'll start with the night before: We went over to Aaron's parents house to have some dinner with them as well as Micah & Danielle (Aaron's brother and wife) and their kids, Gabriel and Grace, and Mathew and Taylor (cousins of our kids).   We got back to our hotel (Hilton downtown) around 7:15pm and I organized my outfit for the big day while Aaron took the kids swimming at the pool.  I agonized back and forth about whether to carry my Nathan hydration vest or not for a week and Aaron finally helped me make the decision that although the aid stations were going to be plenty, I should go ahead and carry my own water.... because he knows that  1) I don't like stopping to get water even if it's a moment because I feel like I lose momentum 2) I am really BAD at drinking from the cups and have gotten multiple water sloshes up my nose (which hurts!) and water on my shoes (which, is BA...

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...