Skip to main content

First Week of School



Our FIRST week of school went very well... The boys all like their teachers and even though Noah was a bit nervous about not having some of his best friends in his class this year, he seems to be doing great and loves having a "boy teacher"... as he calls it :) Aaron was so sweet to me.... knowing that it might be difficult for me to send them all to school, he rearranged his patients so that he could come with me to drop off the boys for the morning drop off of Calvin & Noah, as well as dropping off Michael at noon. That helped me tremendously and I know it meant alot to the boys too. Since he was there, I really didn't cry ... I felt some sadness, but nothing that led me to tears. He even called me 1/2 hour after I dropped off Michael to make sure I was doing fine... what a sweetie :)

We ended the week with an icecream social at the school on friday and had quite a surprise at the social....

There is a family that I know that sends their son to kindergarten there and they recently adopted their little girl Lacey, from China. Aaron, the boys and I were touring the classrooms and as we were almost to the kindergarten room, one of the kindergarten teachers came running up to Aaron and said, "Dr. Askew, we have an emergency"... so Aaron went in the classroom and found little Lacey (the 17 month old girl adopted from China) crying and the parents tried to explain what happened ... as Aaron was examining her arm, she was starting to cry and then suddenly Aaron said, "Ok, it popped back in" and we were all just standing there amazed that he fixed whatever was wrong right in the class room.... It turns out the dad was swinging her around and dislocated her elbow accidentally so Aaron just took her arm and reduced it.... he was so amazed at how strong this little girl was.... he said that usually a girl her age or any child for that matter, would require an adult holding them down to do what he did, but she just sat there and just sorta wimpered. we could tell she felt so much better afterwards though because she immediately stopped crying after Aaron reduced her elbow. The parents, needless to say, were very thankful they didn't have to go into the ER that night. I was very amazed... I rarely get to see Aaron "at work" and it really made me so proud of him... he was SO peaceful and SO good with her and we could not tell he was trying to reduce her elbow!

Here are some pictures from the first week of school! Enjoy!

Comments

Unknown said…
What a sweet hubby you have! Glad Lacey was OK, and that your boys had a good first week. You are wonderful parents!
Middle-Aged Moi said…
Wow. What an adventure!!! I'm glad little Lacey was okay, and that Aaron was there to make it that way!!!
Melinda said…
I am glad the boys had a great first week at school! I am glad Aaron was there for you and to help Lacey!
Leslie said…
Aaron was in the right place at the right time. That's an amazing story. Glad Lacey is ok now. Your boys are so cute, and I love love love the pictures of them on Chapel Day..so cute.
Anonymous said…
Aaron to the rescue yet again!! First the chocking man...now Lacey! Way to go bro!

Popular posts from this blog

Portland Marathon 2013 (My First ever Marathon Recap)

I wanted to capture my moment by moment FIRST marathon experience so here goes: I'll start with the night before: We went over to Aaron's parents house to have some dinner with them as well as Micah & Danielle (Aaron's brother and wife) and their kids, Gabriel and Grace, and Mathew and Taylor (cousins of our kids).   We got back to our hotel (Hilton downtown) around 7:15pm and I organized my outfit for the big day while Aaron took the kids swimming at the pool.  I agonized back and forth about whether to carry my Nathan hydration vest or not for a week and Aaron finally helped me make the decision that although the aid stations were going to be plenty, I should go ahead and carry my own water.... because he knows that  1) I don't like stopping to get water even if it's a moment because I feel like I lose momentum 2) I am really BAD at drinking from the cups and have gotten multiple water sloshes up my nose (which hurts!) and water on my shoes (which, is BA...

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...