Skip to main content

Sept 27, 2007 I am 15 years in Christ TODAY!

This day is a very special day for me.... I celebrate 15 years of knowing Christ and growing in relationship with Him.

It was 15 years ago today, that I went to a Billy Graham Crusade with a friend in Portland, Oregon.

The stadium was PACKED and we were running a bit late.... so we were told to go to the overflow stadium.... as I set my feet in that place, even though I didn't know what was happening to me, I began to cry..... Now, I know it was the Holy Spirit softening my heart to hear His message.... the warfare was intense, even though I had NO idea what warfare meant.

As I listened to Billy Graham preach, my heart was racing because I think I knew I HAD to give my life to Christ, but I was still fighting it.... I was thinking of all the excuses why I shouldn't and at the end he said "If you died tonight, do you know where you'll go?" To which, I did not have an answer.... that's all it took... I ran to the front in tears and gave my life to Jesus.... I have not been the same since. I came to the stadium at the end of myself .... and came out of there a NEW CREATION. I cannot think about that day without crying in gratitude of what Christ has done for me. He never gave up on me and He has been faithful to transform me... from glory to glory.

It was soon after that (about a week later) that a co-worker of mine took me to my now SWEET husband's dad's church for the first time.... the rest is history but God is still writing my story.

THANK YOU, Jesus for dying for me... thank You Father, for loving me so much that you sent Your son for me and THANK YOU, Holy Spirit for tugging at my heart and giving Billy Graham just the right words to say to push me over into Your Kingdom!

AMEN!!!

Comments

Ruth said…
Great post, Pam!! So happy someone took you to that crusade. Even though I grew up as an MK it was after seeing a Billy Graham film that I accepted Christ.
Unknown said…
What a sweet post, Pam. Thanks for sharing your story and praise!
Middle-Aged Moi said…
Happy anniversary of that special occasion!
Leslie said…
God knew he had special things in store for you. He still does, and I can't wait to see the blessings of your daughter or daughters so very soon. Your such a wonderful person, and such a special person to me. I'm so glad you found Christ 15 years ago. I'm also glad I met you through HIM.
Kelly and Matt said…
Thanks for sharing your story Pam.
It's amazing how God opens our hearts and gathers us to him!
Donna said…
I'm a little late, but Happy Forever in Jesus' Family day!!

Popular posts from this blog

Portland Marathon 2013 (My First ever Marathon Recap)

I wanted to capture my moment by moment FIRST marathon experience so here goes: I'll start with the night before: We went over to Aaron's parents house to have some dinner with them as well as Micah & Danielle (Aaron's brother and wife) and their kids, Gabriel and Grace, and Mathew and Taylor (cousins of our kids).   We got back to our hotel (Hilton downtown) around 7:15pm and I organized my outfit for the big day while Aaron took the kids swimming at the pool.  I agonized back and forth about whether to carry my Nathan hydration vest or not for a week and Aaron finally helped me make the decision that although the aid stations were going to be plenty, I should go ahead and carry my own water.... because he knows that  1) I don't like stopping to get water even if it's a moment because I feel like I lose momentum 2) I am really BAD at drinking from the cups and have gotten multiple water sloshes up my nose (which hurts!) and water on my shoes (which, is BA...

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...