Ok, I've had 2 comments (thanks Rebecca and Angie) about my no-fair 34 minute labor... so I re-read what I had typed and it looks like I made an error...
it should have read... my first PAINFUL contractions started at 11:30AM and he was out 34 minutes later... the total LABOR from start to finish was still only 3 hours since I was admitted to the hospital at 8:30AM and got hooked up to everything at 9AM...
I do have a record labor for my youngest son Michael, however.... this labor only lasted 45 minutes from start to finish.. I was admitted to the hospital (induction again), got hooked up to iv, etc. by 7:15AM, OB broke my water at 7:20, Michael was out at 8:03AM... no time for epidural... went from 4cm to 10cm in about 25 minutes... Michael could have been born sooner, but my husband was told to hold Michael's head IN until the OB could arrive...not a pretty thing ~ very intense, very painful, and very quick.
it should have read... my first PAINFUL contractions started at 11:30AM and he was out 34 minutes later... the total LABOR from start to finish was still only 3 hours since I was admitted to the hospital at 8:30AM and got hooked up to everything at 9AM...
I do have a record labor for my youngest son Michael, however.... this labor only lasted 45 minutes from start to finish.. I was admitted to the hospital (induction again), got hooked up to iv, etc. by 7:15AM, OB broke my water at 7:20, Michael was out at 8:03AM... no time for epidural... went from 4cm to 10cm in about 25 minutes... Michael could have been born sooner, but my husband was told to hold Michael's head IN until the OB could arrive...not a pretty thing ~ very intense, very painful, and very quick.
Comments
I was induced with Jon Milledge at 8am on a Wednesday morning and he wasn't born until 2:02 on Thursday afternoon via C-section after 3 hours of pushing. Needless to say, Anderson was a planned C-section!!
Courtney