Skip to main content

Still Waiting...and some thoughts

We are still waiting to find out about Li-Xuan, the little girl that we are hoping will become our Anna. I wrote our agency on Tuesday of this week to find out if they know any more information and had not heard a response, so lastnight, I wrote them again and also cc'd a copy to the social worker at our agency and the social worker wrote me this morning right away and here's what she wrote:

Thanks for checking in. I was just going to contact you because I checked in with Taiwan about that yesterday. They wrote back and said that they are presenting the files to the birth mother to make her decision shortly. It sounds like we should know soon, but they did not give me an exact time frame. We will let you know as soon as we have information. Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

It has been exactly 4 weeks since I first saw the picture of little Li-Xuan and I remember thinking how precious she was... and how much she looked like my mom :) When I first saw her picture, I was not at all serious about petitioning for her... I have often taken peeks at waiting children's list on various agency's websites and thought how cute and precious the children were, but she really caught my attention right away. There were also 2 other VERY precious and cute girls on there along with her, but my heart really didn't feel compelled to find out more about them like it did with Li-Xuan.

We don't know whether she is ours or not, Last year when we were presented the opportunity to adopt 2 precious Indonesian girls, I felt certain they were ours just because God was the one that opened all those doors and we didn't do anything on our own... I was naive about the way God works... I assumed in my mind that since God was the one that opened those doors and we didn't ask for it, that it would all fall into place... we found out the hard way, that that is not always the case... so, just like with the Indonesian girls, I feel in my heart Li-Xuan is ours and God defiinitely has opened the door for this one yet again... but whether she is ours or not, I just don't know ... yet. I have asked God to show me if she is, but there are times when God doesn't show you... until it's time to know... I think if I knew she was ours, maybe I won't rely on Him as much.... all we know is we have to follow the path God has shown us and so far, God has led us down this road to petition for her. If this path leads us to heartache, God will take care of us... He already has proven to be faithful in that department :) If this path leads us to our promise of Anna Grace, I would be so glad that we followed the leading of God in our hearts to pursue her... despite the huge chance of getting our hearts broken again.

Comments

Alisha said…
Your faithfulness is an inspiration and I am so happy to have gotten to know you over this journey. Praying that God plan will be shown to you and that you heart will be filled with joy.
Donna said…
Pam, you so impress me with how you're able to look at any situation with wise eyes. Your heart and mind are in the right place...time will tell what God has in store, and I pray that this IS your Anna. Hugs...
Rosie said…
I've just realised your boys are the same ages as mine!!!!!!
Hope it all works out for you and I can move you to my babies home section!
Steve n Coco said…
You know that I am praying for you, but I just want to thank you for speaking words of truth here. This whole adoption business is SO UNKOWN!! You have your eyes on the True Prize, though, and that will get you there.
Courtney

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...