I was at the Children's Dental Place, in the waiting room, waiting for Michael while he was getting two crowns :( when I checked my email on the phone and noticed it was from WAITING CHILD DEPT at our agency with the subject "We received your LOA!!" I was so stunned.... I did NOT expect this so quickly!!! Only 5 days since we received PA. I kept thinking this HAS to be a record! Because I was not prepared to get this so soon, I had not pushed our USCIS office about our I-171H amendment so I immediately emailed them using my blackberry (I know Aaron has issues with me having my phone all the time and checking messages too much, but this little device has brought me more good news the past month than any other device I own!). Our agency has made it clear that they cannot send back our signed LOA to China until they have proof that our I-171H approves us for the correct gender, age, and that it approves us for special needs..... our current I-171H only states 0-12 months so thankfully, with the help of our social worker, I got the ball rolling on getting that amended while we were in Hawaii, but that was only a week and a half ago and I didn't expect our LOA so soon! So, anyways, I emailed them and they were SO gracious and faxed it over to me TODAY!!!! So, tomorrow, we get our original LOA from CCAI, sign it, and then we have to overnight it back, which they should receive by Wed and it'll be off to China and we'll be just waiting for TA!!!!! (Travel Approval). CCAI is estimating we'll travel in 6-8 weeks!!!! That can be as soon as June 21st (the monday after school gets out!) or around July 4th! the bad news is.... it looks like I will probably miss my Pacific Crest Half Marathon that I have been diligently training for! But, I do think :) this is WAY more important.... and I do have the Portland Half Marathon that I'm doing in October.
I also received some GREAT udates and pictures today, which, I am not going to post about here quite yet..... instead, here's a map of China.... Anna is in the Guangdong Province, which is near Hong Kong (bottom of map)
I also received some GREAT udates and pictures today, which, I am not going to post about here quite yet..... instead, here's a map of China.... Anna is in the Guangdong Province, which is near Hong Kong (bottom of map)
Comments
I'm so excited for you all and wow things are moving fast now. That's how it happened with Genei. Refferral on 4/18 and travel on 6/25. What an amazing journey and gift. Melinda is right it will be hot! Please post lots of pictures!!!
Love Alisha