Skip to main content

PA!!! and here is SELAH!!

After only 10 days, we received our Pre-approval from China today! I couldn't show my excitement too much when I opened my email from CCAI, because the refrigerator guy was here at our house fixing our icemaker.... Anyways, now we await our LOA. I still have to pinch myself... all of this happened so suddenly...She is SO precious, we love her already.

Here's her information:

Her Chinese name: Mao Xin Xu (Mao is the last name given to all children found in MAOming City, Xin is the middle name given to all children found in the year 2007-2008 in the area and it means LOVE, and Xu means LOVELY.
DOB: 10/17/08 (just about 9 months younger than Anna)
Found at the gate of Social Welfare Institute of Maoming City, Guangdong Province on 10/18/2008
She lived there until May 2009, when she was transferred to True Children's Home.
Currently lives in foster care through True Children's Home .
As you can see from the picture, her sn is cleft lip and palate. The reports from China state she has not had surgery yet, but after finding True Children's Home's website and clicking on a newsletter, I found out that it looks like she has had her lip surgery done sometime either in Jan or Feb 2010.
From what I have read and seen in pictures, it looks like she has been in EXCELLENT care. I am so thankful to God for this.

The reports say she is extroverted, loves getting attention and is sometimes naughty... Uh oh :)

If anyone has any advice about cl/cp or toddler adoption, please let me know! We were so fortunate to get Anna at such an early age, so attachment and settling in to our family came very easily for her and us..... but, I know that there are other challenges ahead both with Anna adjusting to sharing her parents and Selah having to leave the comforts of her foster family. (And, ofcourse, there's the challenge of making sure our boys' adjust to all the changes as well)

Comments

She is precious! And looks like she is in a nice environment. I am so excited for your family. God certainly led you in the right direction. Prayers for quick travel as well!
Steve n Coco said…
Beautiful girl!!! Oh, I am just thrilled for you guys! How fun to have two little girls!! Praying for a speedy LOA and TA!
Be blessed,
Courtney
Angie said…
OH Pam! She is beautiful! I can't believe this is finally happening for both of us after all this time. May the rest of this journey go fast for you and your family. Here's hoping we're all at the White Swan together!!
Congratulations!!!
Unknown said…
So thrilled for you! Praise God for the blessong of Selah! I am so thrilled to finally see her sweet face. God has blessed your faith and trust over all these years.

So glad to be on this journey with you!
she's so beautiful! I can't wait to meet her! What an amazingly quick journey this has been- from impressions on your heart to baby in your arms in such a short time (ok- so it's been a few years, overall). Love you guys!
Melinda said…
Selah is so beautiful! I pray that the rest of your journey to her is a quick one and she is in your arms soon! Praise God for His blessing of Selah!
Middle-Aged Moi said…
BEAUTIFUL! I am SO very happy for you! CONGRATULATIONS! A long, hard wait, but worth EVERY SECOND!
Kelly said…
Pam...Selah is just beautiful; a little doll! So nice to see a pic and they are not all bundled up!! Can't wait to see her in your arms. Congratulations to you and your family!!
Oh Pam and Aaron, my heart is LEAPING for joy!!! I love Selah already! (Also, my hometown is Selah, Wash.) :-) You asked about someone to connect with in terms of cleft pallet, etc. I'm sure you've already thought of this, but Kendall and Whitney would be a great resource.

I am praying for QUICK LOA and TA! Bring it, Jesus! Thank You, Jesus!!

Love, Heather

Popular posts from this blog

Portland Marathon 2013 (My First ever Marathon Recap)

I wanted to capture my moment by moment FIRST marathon experience so here goes: I'll start with the night before: We went over to Aaron's parents house to have some dinner with them as well as Micah & Danielle (Aaron's brother and wife) and their kids, Gabriel and Grace, and Mathew and Taylor (cousins of our kids).   We got back to our hotel (Hilton downtown) around 7:15pm and I organized my outfit for the big day while Aaron took the kids swimming at the pool.  I agonized back and forth about whether to carry my Nathan hydration vest or not for a week and Aaron finally helped me make the decision that although the aid stations were going to be plenty, I should go ahead and carry my own water.... because he knows that  1) I don't like stopping to get water even if it's a moment because I feel like I lose momentum 2) I am really BAD at drinking from the cups and have gotten multiple water sloshes up my nose (which hurts!) and water on my shoes (which, is BA...

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...