Skip to main content

Updated pictures!!!!

Today, I received an update on Selah from CCAI, along with 2 pictures!!!
I knew she had had her cleft lip and palate repaired, but I received... the reports says she was released from hospital on May 3, 2010 after her cleft palate surgery.

She looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love how determined she seems. She is currently living in foster care arranged through True Childrens Home in Dongguan, Guangdong. The foster family consists of mother, father, brother and sister. The brother and sister seems older since it states they are working. The report says she has her own crib and usually sleeps alone.... under "personality", they state : "She likes her bath"... :) It also states she can walk and run and has not had many illnesses or additional concerns (yay!). I also received measurements!

Weight: 11kgs (24 lbs!) That's only one pound lighter than Anna!
Head: 46cm
Chest: 46.5cm
Height: 30" (4 inches shorter than Anna)
Feet: 12cm (will have to look that one up for shoe size)
She has 6 teeth!

On another note, there is a possibility that TAs (Travel Approvals from China)are arriving this week (maybe) at our agency and I am hoping, praying, hoping, praying that we are in that batch of travel approvals. If we are, we could be leaving in as early as 2 weeks!


Comments

Danae said…
What a sweet beauty! We will be praying that travel comes soon. Such a great way to start off the week!
Karmen and Greg said…
Okay -- she's liking that phone already ... when she's a teenager you're in for some serious trouble :) She is just beautiful. I'm praying your TA comes this week! It's time to get Selah home!
Melinda said…
She is just beautiful! She looks so healthy! I pray your TA is on its way! I hope you have started to pack because once you have TA it is a whirlwind! Enjoy every moment! I would do it all again in a heartbeat!
Unknown said…
So fun to see updated photos. Love the little phone pic. Hope your TA comes soon!

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...