We didn't get our ACTUAL travel approval from China yet.... but this morning, as I was in the waiting room of the doctor's office I was at, I looked at my phone and saw that I had missed a call.... I checked the call log and it said CCAI and I completely freaked out because I knew this probably meant we received TA today! Well, sadly, I couldn't even check the voicemail they left because I was called in to see the doctor right as I was trying to get voicemail.... So, I quickly got through my doctor's appt (it was a hearing test I had to do because I've had high frequency hearing loss and it was getting so bad that I had to ask people to repeat things all the time)... anyways, bad news is, I need to wear hearing aids :( which, I knew 4 years ago that I had to... I just didn't want to so I ignored my need :) So, as the audiologist was "tuning up" my hearing aids, I called the voicemail and it was the travel department at CCAI saying they need to ask me a couple of questions..... I was a bit bummed that they didn't say it was our TA :( But, when I got home, I called them back and was able to talk with someone in Travel... she started asking me alot of questions and said that she expects our TA very soon and wanted to make sure we had everything in order! Toward the end of our conversation, she said our travel date will start June 17th if all goes as planned and if that was OK with us!! She said we'll likely have ONE other family that we will be with in Guangdong the whole time and then the 2nd week, we'll end up with a bunch of other families since they'll all be coming to Guangzhou for the Consulate appts. So, I was SO excited that even though we don't have the actual TA, we do have an idea of when we're going!!! I do hope we get the TA this week so that we can finalize the Consulate Appt and get the tickets! I can't believe we will be going to China in a little over 2 weeks!
This DEFINITELY means I'll miss the Half-marathon I signed up for :( But, there will always be other half-marathons! I can't believe we're going to CHINA!
This DEFINITELY means I'll miss the Half-marathon I signed up for :( But, there will always be other half-marathons! I can't believe we're going to CHINA!
Comments