I wanted to make a special post about the organization that has been taking such great care of Selah the past year. Selah was found in Maoming City, at the gate of the Maoming Social Welfare Institute and lived there from October 18, 2008 (the day after her birthdate) until May 4, 2009. She was moved to True Children's Home in May 2009 and was placed in a foster home sponsored by True Children's Home in March 2010. I have had the privilege of getting to email parents that have adopted from this wonderful place and have heard how they were so well cared for. I can only thank God that Selah has been in a really good place. True Children's Home has provided Selah's lip and palate surgeries. As a mother, there was a huge part of me that hoped we could have been the one to provide for her surgery and been the ones to comfort her, but from what I hear from other parents who have adopted children that lived there, the staff takes great care of the children and they provide one on one care after surgeries. I am so thankful that she didn't have to feel scared or alone through the recovery of both surgeries. If you go to their website you'll see Selah on the front page in the baby swing. I believe this picture was taken in May 2009, when she was brought to True Children's Home. I hope to visit True Children's Home while we're in China so that I can tell you first hand, what a wonderful place this is.
TRUE CHILDREN'S HOME
TRUE CHILDREN'S HOME
Comments