Skip to main content

EXCITING NEWS!!!!!


It is amazing how just ONE week can make such a difference....

Our social worker was kind enough this week to finish up our homestudy report and submit the final draft to our Taiwan agency today..... and just this morning, I found out from our Taiwan agency that the first family with a homestudy in Taiwan received a referral yesterday and accepted today.... WHICH MEANS, we are next to have our homestudy go to Taiwan!!! We don't have to wait 6 months to submit our homestudy like I thought last week! Not only that, I thought they would not submit a homestudy until the original is in their hands and someone else out of the 11 families could still beat us to that spot, but when I spoke with our agency this morning, they told me that they already SENT our homestudy to TAIWAN electronically!!!!!!! TODAY!!! We officially took the LAST SPOT! I am so ecstatic right now I can barely type!!!!!!!! This basically means the same thing as being DTC with China adoptions and we are FOURTH in line with our agency so 3 more families will have to get a referral before we get ours. The first family waited 2 months for their referral, so I am really hoping that it is very close to that for us. It probably will be more like 6 months before we get our referral since we are the 4th family in line, but that is still OK with me! What a great way to begin the weekend and New Year! THANK YOU, God!!

Comments

Melinda said…
That is WONDEFUL news Pam! God is good all the time!
Middle-Aged Moi said…
PAM! That is SO great! Congratulations! I am SO happy for you!
Rosie said…
Wonderful news.I can't wait for your referral..lots of pink!!! Hope it all works out.Rosie from UK.
Leslie said…
Pam, I had a feeling something was going to come through for you. I thought maybe one of the other families would drop out or something along those lines, and your HS would be sent on. I'm so excited to see that there is Good News for all the families, and your now #4.

PTL Pam
Angie said…
Great news! I am so happy for you! What a wonderful Christmas present! Praise God!
Jessica said…
Pam,

That is wonderful news and I am so happy for you and your family! Before you know it, you will be bringing Anna home! By the way, I love the name you have picked out. Very beautiful!

Jessica

Popular posts from this blog

Portland Marathon 2013 (My First ever Marathon Recap)

I wanted to capture my moment by moment FIRST marathon experience so here goes: I'll start with the night before: We went over to Aaron's parents house to have some dinner with them as well as Micah & Danielle (Aaron's brother and wife) and their kids, Gabriel and Grace, and Mathew and Taylor (cousins of our kids).   We got back to our hotel (Hilton downtown) around 7:15pm and I organized my outfit for the big day while Aaron took the kids swimming at the pool.  I agonized back and forth about whether to carry my Nathan hydration vest or not for a week and Aaron finally helped me make the decision that although the aid stations were going to be plenty, I should go ahead and carry my own water.... because he knows that  1) I don't like stopping to get water even if it's a moment because I feel like I lose momentum 2) I am really BAD at drinking from the cups and have gotten multiple water sloshes up my nose (which hurts!) and water on my shoes (which, is BA...

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...