Skip to main content

One Year ago today...


It was exactly one year ago today that I received this Willow Tree Figurine from God... If you're not familiar with the story..... here it is..

I was feeling down about China adoptions and the delay wondering if I'll ever have a daughter and when we went to the drive thru car wash, Aaron pulled into the vacuum station and started to wipe off his car and sitting on top of the vacuum was this Willow Tree figurine... The title is "NEW LIFE"... I knew the moment I saw it that it was a gift of encouragement from the Lord that we were on the right path and that He will bring us our daughter.

I still don't know if the date had any significance, but as I celebrate this day, we are on a journey to TWO girls. Someday, I'll know the whole story behind this figurine... but for now, I just thank God that He gave it to me to show me He is going to bring His promises to pass.

Comments

Middle-Aged Moi said…
I remember that a year ago! What a precious thing !!!!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...