Skip to main content

Home Visit ..... DONE!

I couldn't have asked for a better way for everything to turn out tonight.

I went in the day with 2 obstacles to a successful home visit...

1) Aaron ended up adding one more surgery so it was looking like he was not going to make it home on time

2) We had lots of snow today and our hill was getting really icy.... a good chance that our social worker could cancel.

God is so good because it seems like so many times, He allows these obstacles to come our way to see how we would react to it. I purposed in my heart today that no matter what, I would not get stressed... even if it meant that we would have to cancel the home visit.

In the end, the snow subsided and Aaron came home at 6:23pm :) He had 7 minutes to spare!

The same social worker we had before came to visit and it was so easy and short. She thinks she could have the draft ready by first of the year.... she wasn't sure that our criminal checks from Oregon had come back yet, so without that clearnce, she can't do the final draft. If it does, come in, she could potentially have it done by the weekend, but she is also going on vacation for a week starting sunday, so if our criminal check isn't back, she'll have to wait 'till the first of the year. It is all in God's timing and He has really shown His grace to us in this... this IS the GRACE adoption, after all :)

Now, I feel like I can really sit back and enjoy Christmas and not have homestudy on my thoughts. I am so glad this is over. I am so surprised at how nervous I felt prior to our social worker coming over. She made it so easy on us so I had nothing to worry about :)

Good night!

Comments

Unknown said…
You are rolling along! May God continue to bless this journey.
Melinda said…
Glad the homestudy is behind you and now you can enjoy the holidays!
Middle-Aged Moi said…
I'm going through a home study update soon too...and am scared silly DESPITE the first one being a breeze. Silly us! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...