Skip to main content

OUT OF REVIEW!!

I found out late lastnight that our China dossier (paperwork that we worked so hard to put together the summer of 2006 to adopt Selah from China) has been approved for adoption by the CCAA (The people in China that handle all the international adoptions). We weren't that nervous that we wouldn't get approved, but it is always a GREAT thing to be one step cloer to Selah. Now, our dossier will once again sit on a shelf somewhere until they start matching our family with Selah. This is the point that would probably take another 1-3 years..... perhaps more, but I hate to think about that. For now, we will celebrate that China has approved us to adopt and even though it may take a while, we WILL someday see Selah's face and know that God's timing was perfect. In the meantime, we rest :)

Congratulations to all my adoption friends that are now out of review!

Comments

Unknown said…
Yea to you my fellow LIDer! This is a great milestone on the journey to our girls!!
Alisha said…
Yeah!!!! I'm so happy we are all finally through. It makes a nice bonus for the holiday season.
Angie said…
Congrats to all you October LIDer's!! What a great Christmas surprise for you! Now, if we could just get the matching room moving a little faster we would all be set!
Melinda said…
Congrats to you Pam and all the Oct LIDers! One step closer to Selah!

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...