Skip to main content

SOOOOOO Excited!

Ok, I was getting a little bit nervous and found myself stressing a little about the timing of when our homestudy is going to get done....

Basically, all we have left to do to have our homestudy go to Taiwan (which, starts our waiting period... kinda like a LID for China adoptions) is for our social worker to come and do a quick one hour visit. That is all that is holding us up from getting our place in line for a referral for Taiwan.... We sent all our paperwork in to our Homestudy agency early last week so I was beginning to wonder why we were not getting a call from our social worker. So, today, I was thinking about it and beginning to wonder what would happen if we ended up losing our spot for turning in our homestudy.....With Taiwan and the way it works with our agency, is that the orphanage they work with only accepts 3 homestudies at a time to wait for a referral... if they have more, the 4th and the ones after, have to wait until referrals start happening... When we signed up with our Taiwan agency, they told us that they at that point, had 2 homestudies in Taiwan so they could send one more in. Since I thought our homestudy would be very quick, I was excited that we could be the 3rd homestudy to be sent... But, since it has taken a little bit longer than I anticipated and there are several families working right now to get their homestudy done, I was starting to get nervous and wonder what would happen if we didn't make it in time.....

So, I emailed our social worker tonight to ask if she could please do our home visit before Christmas so that we can get our homestudy ready to go and hopefully sent to Taiwan in January. I was not at all expecting to hear from her, and prayed and gave up the whole process to God again... knowing that He really is in charge of this and I don't have to worry.... About 2 hours later, our phone rang and it was our social worker calling to set up our home visit appt and she was so accomodating of our schedule and wants to meet us THIS WEDNESDAY!!! I am so excited! The only problem that I see so far is that Aaron usually works long hours on wednesdays because he has surgery all day but I am praying God will work it out so he can come home by 6:30pm.

Thank you God, for answering my prayer :)

Comments

Unknown said…
Praise be to God for answered prayer! Praying that you are the third family to be submitted.

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...