Skip to main content

Monday, 5/14, Morning/Day

We went to Starbucks (just Aaron & I) as usual but instead of running, we took a little break and just had coffee.  There is this one family (father, son & daughter) that has been at Starbucks daily since we've been going and Aaron & I have talked about them often because they seem like the happiest people on earth.  The daughter is around 14-16 years old, the boy is about 9-10 years, I think... they look like a family that likes surfing... I think the reason they caught our eye was that the kids generally seem SO happy and at peace to hang out with their dad every morning.  But this morning, we noticed something we hadn't.... as they each got their breakfast, they closed their eyes and said a prayer.  Aaron & I both looked at each other and both said something like "awww"  .  After coffee, we drove back to the condos and told the kids we would rent paddle boards today.  They were excited!  We decided to make life simpler, that we should just rent them from a local rental place really close by and just paddle board around our condo.  It isn't the best place to do it because of all the coral reefs, but the boys did great overcoming the obstacles.  It took 4 people to carry the 2 boards from the rental shop though... the paddle boards are HUGE.  I guess we are not used to carrying them for very long, since when we've rented them at Elk Lake, they have it right there at the lake.  This experience was also different for the boys since paddle boarding on a still lake is very peaceful and much easier.... With the waves, and the wind pushing them away from shore, it was a bit more of a scary experience (at least for me).  I ended up leaving Aaron in charge of the whole thing and laying out by the pool while the girls played with their beach balls between the hot tub and the pool.  At one point, Michael got on the paddle board and somehow crashed into Calvin, and, at the same time, a huge wave knocked him off his board right into the corals.  He suffered some minor lacerations, but thankfully, Aaron was able to bandage it up and he was good to go again for a while.  The all day rental at the local rental place was $35 per day, although we only used the boards for about 3-4 hours total.  It was still a good experience and probably a lot better than going to Whaler's Village and getting a surf lesson from one of the "activities" booth.  Aaron went on a bike ride in the afternoon while I stayed at the condo with the kids and played another round of golf tournament.  This time, Noah was the big winner.
Noah & Calvin taking out the paddle boards
a new experience riding in the ocean with waves
Now he's getting the hang of it
more paddle board pics

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...