Skip to main content

Last Night, 5/17


Tonight, we went out to Hula Grill... it's become our favorite place.  The music was great ( a different guy than usual and actually better!), we had our free ice cream sandwiches (they gave us 2!) at the end, and we enjoyed our last sunset and playtime on the beach.  The sunset was actually not the best tonight, but in some ways, that made me feel less sad.... if it was perfect, I think my heart would ache more at the thought of leaving here.  after the sunset and playtime at the beach, we went to the toy store, went back to the condo and had our last dip in the pool and hot tub.  Since it would probably be our last time swimming, we decided we needed to do it.  Anna & Selah are getting so confident in the water, it is almost a shame to leave here.  Anna has been doing this amazing dolphin swim, which she created her self and it looks like a crazy, wild dolphin swimming.  The girls have been pure joy to watch this trip.  The boys also have been so great.  We talked over dinner the favorite parts of vacation for each person and Noah said the Iao Valley state park hike, Calvin said reef dancer, eating out, and hanging out at the pool, and Michael said Reef dancer, eating out, and other things.  I loved the coffee at starbucks in the morning, running with Aaron, going to Bad Ass coffee and walk to tide pool and farmer's market, and Aaron said hanging out with our kids' without the pressure for them to be with their cousins all the time.

Can't believe our last night is here... I've been feeling this pit in my stomach for a few days now, knowing that we'll be saying good bye to this beautiful place once again.  I often wonder if I am the only one that feels this sad when we have to go.... it's not that I don't love our home and really, I am absolutely so blessed... but there is something about this island that I love and it makes me feel like I am myself.  It's a mystery... probably part of it is I am an island girl at heart and grew up with palm trees, oceans, warm temperatures, hibiscus, and lush vegetation.  I tried to soak in everything today and try to be present.  I feel so blessed to have come here with all my favorite people and to make these precious memories with them.  Each trip back to Maui is slightly different than the one before, and I've loved every one of them.  Tomorrow, we board the plane, the rush of life begins again and I have to give up my husband to his busy practice, my children to school, classes, activities and schedules.  I resume homeschooling Michael and life will once again go back to routine.  Tomorrow when I wake up and enjoy my last Starbucks with Aaron, I plan to make a mental note of the sights, smells, sounds of Maui.  Until next time.
The rainbow as we were driving to dinner
Selah and Noah at Hula Grill
Hula Grill's ice cream sandwich
The boys (made them pose for this even though Calvin didn't want to do it)
The last sunset... All the kids!

We'll miss you, Maui!  Till we see you again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...