Skip to main content

Wednesday (5/9)

Today, Aaron & I didn't run.  We had run everyday since saturday so we needed a little break.   We chose to go to the Beach Parking at Whaler's Village and walk to coffee from there.  We've been running more miles than we usually do at home, (other than my LONG runs I usually do on weekends) so I can tell I am getting worn out and Aaron is definitely running WAY more than usual...  It's been so great to have Noah, who is a very responsible babysitter so that Aaron & I can go run together and have a quiet coffee moment every morning.  We did our usual coffee routine to Bad Ass Coffee, then to the local park.  The girls really LOVE hanging out there and playing in the sand.  Aaron went on a bike ride while I did some inside strength workout while girls napped.  We went to the pool after the girls got up from their nap and had some free mai tais that the Papakea offers on Wed nights.  Papa & Grandma came over with some sushi so we had dinner at poolside instead of going out.
Anna & I in the morning after Aaron & I got back from coffee
hanging out with Papa & Grandma on our lanai
Beautiful Sunset from our condo
more sunset
The girls and me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...