Skip to main content

Friday(5/11) evening

After Aaron's super long bike ride, we went to Hula Grill for dinner.... We went to the beach right in front of Hula Grill to watch the sunset and watch the kids play in the sand.  We've had so many memories of this place every year that we visit.  I remember the very first time we came as a family, watching the 3 boys run around like crazy and getting soaked.  Tonight was no different... With a teenager and two middle schoolers, it can be hard sometimes to get them be excited about a simple trip to the beach, but this beach brought out the silly kids in them... they tackled each other, played how far they can jump and just had a great time running around.  The boys even asked to stay while Aaron & I went to a store to shop for a gift.  The girls equally had an amazingly crazy time running around.  They were both so giggly and happy.  These are my favorite times of being in Maui... not really doing anything in particular, but just hanging out.  The sunset was perfect... I am already feeling sad about leaving this place even though it's still a week away.
The boys frolicking in the sand :)  after dinner at Hula Grill 
The girls and boys way in the background running free on the beach
Very difficult to get them all together for a picture
Aaron & I
Sunset with girls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...