This morning, we decided to park at the Whaler's Village free beach parking, walk to Starbucks, have our coffee and then figuring out who was going to run how far.... Aaron had been using a bit too much of his running legs, so he needed a much shorter run to recover... so after our coffee, we ran half a mile to the end of the strip to the Hyatt, then back to the parking area where Aaron took the van and drove back home while ran back the rest of the 3-4 miles to the condo. I felt a bit sluggish going back home, but made it, and sprinted the last mile. When I got back, the kids and Aaron were on the beach walking around on the sand. We went to coffee at Bad Ass Coffee Co, as usual. As Aaron went to pay for his coffee, he realized he lost his credit card somewhere between Starbucks and the Condo so we might have to cancel our credit card :( We have to do a more thorough search so we're hoping he finds it! After coffee, we decided to go to Fleming Beach (to boogy board) and to Honolua Bay (for snorkeling). We invited Papa and Grandma to join us. The boys dropped me and girls off at Fleming Beach while they drove to Honolua Bay to snorkel. I was joined by Papa and Grandma about 20 minutes later, and then 45minutes or so later, the boys showed up to boogy board. The waves were great. I took the girls down to the water to dip their feet in, but Selah was VERY nervous about the waves! She stayed a bit farther up on the sand and would not come near the water even after my repeated encouragement that I would not let the waves take her away. Anna had lots of fun though and kept jumping when the waves hit us. The boys had so much fun boogie boarding. It is still a bit scary for me to watch them in the ocean even though I know they are great swimmers and can handle it.
 |
| View from the Starbucks (at the Marriott) |
 |
| VERY happy after our morning coffee |
 |
| Aaron took the kids out to the ocean by our condo while they waited for me to come back from my run |
 |
| The girls at Fleming Beach |
 |
| The girls stacking wood... I think they think this is the Oregon Coast where we NEED fire by the beach to keep warm |
Comments