Skip to main content

Mother's Day 5/13, part 2

After our run, the boys made some breakfast for me.  It was DELICIOUS!  Anna and Selah met a couple that is staying right next to our condo named Patty and Bruce.  They were so nice and entertained them for a long time while the boys were busy in the kitchen cooking.  Noah also made me a really cool photo collage Mother's Day e-card.  I'll have to post that later.  After breakfast, we walked to the coffee place got our coffee and went to the park.  It was so funny to watch a family put together one of those swings with the A-frame right in the park.  I think it was a gift for their aging mother.   We watched some people para surf... (I think that's what it's called)  It was pretty amazing to watch.  After that, Aaron went to Supermarket Tymes with the kids and came back to the condo with a bouquet of flowers... (will have to post that later too) and some lunch... spam musubi and 2 packages of sushi.  I feel totally spoiled!
The breakfast the boys made for me
 (papaya with lime juice and a delicious omelette)
Opening present #1 from Michael
(He got me an orange plumeria earrings and orange plumeria necklace)
Opening gift #2 from Calvin
(a shell necklace to match the earrings he got me last year)
Present #3 from Noah
(3 lotions plumeria, gardenia and coconut papaya)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am OVER DUE :(

Happy 9 months since LID! I was in a very goofy mood and BEGGED my DH to take this picture of me.... Had I been expecting a tummy baby, I'd be officially OVER DUE. I think I have WAY too much time on my hands :) Gotta go tuck my kids in bed now.

Much has happened...

It's been exactly one week since we were given our bad news about not being able to adopt the girls from Indonesia. God has really comforted us alot during the past week... I still have a hard time not crying when someone asks me when we can go get the girls.... In my excitement, I showed so many people at church and friends the pictures of the girls because in my heart, I really felt these girls were ours. But, God is not done writing our story ~ I know that this will have a Godly outcome and we will move forward. We have had lots of support and encouragement ~ most people we know well have expressed their sadness over this. I returned the bedding I bought for the girls at the store and when I did, I was sorta in a sad mood.... the person handling the returns said "Are these not going to work out?" to which, I replied "No, it's not" and then she felt like she had to push the issue with me and said "Is there anything wrong with it?" By then, I...

Another GREAT verse about God watching over our little ones....

Isaiah 49: 15-18 (Message) Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never . Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands. I have been thinking alot about the birthmothers of our children... This verse is not meant as a slam on the birthmothers of our children... it is meant for glorifying God in how much He knows every child by name and NEVER forgets them. My little brain cannot even comprehend how MUCH He loves each of us and how much He loves each of our children.... not only that, He loves each one of these precious birthmothers who will undoubtedly do the most difficult thing in their life sometime very soon. Lord, I pray for the birthmother of my child(ren) right now. Lord, you KNOW them. Touch them. How difficult their circumstances must be to try to "forget" the child they bore. I know that as a mother, I could never forget the children I bore and I k...